eight

namjoon walks home with taehyung once again. jimin and hoseok, strangely, do not show up; namjoon assumes they're probably just busy with either dance or studying or maybe got a ride. 

over the past few days, a lot has changed for namjoon, but today taehyung is being a little quieter than usual on the way home. namjoon clears his throat, catching the boy's attention. "hey, taehyung?" 

the blond jumps. "sorry, i was spacing out!" the boy pauses, looking at the ground. "um, i was wondering something, about earlier. i like how we get to-" taehyung fumbles with his words. "so, let's just say that one day yoongi or jeongguk wants to walk home with you, what would you do?"

"what kind of question is that? you're kind of putting me on the spot here." namjoon pauses, thinking about it for a moment.

·

out of the choices: "i would walk home with jeongguk/yoongi." and "i would walk home with taehyung." you guys picked....

"i would walk home with taehyung."

·

"taehyung, you really think i would ditch you for one of them?"

"but," taehyung responds, stopping in his tracks. "but they're so cute and fun to be around."

"jeez. i already see them in the club every day. besides, you always seem to really like going home together, and i wouldn't just ruin that for you," namjoon says, shaking his head dismissively.

"you're so silly, namjoon, and you think about me too much sometimes. they would deserve it if they wanted, so-"

"taehyung, i've already made up my mind. i really can't figure you out sometimes." namjoon grabs taehyung by the elbow, tugging the boy until he starts walking again. "besides, what's the point in speculating something that probably isn't going to happen?" 

taehyung hums in response, and the conversation trails off. it's a weird thing for taehyung to worry so much about, but namjoon decides to respect him and keep him happy, too. however, the festival is only a few days away. who knows what will happen in that time? 

·

:)