Fifty-Two

Harry walked deeper in to the dungeons down to the last lab, he pushed it open and raised an eyebrow, it was the one he used to use with Salazar when they worked together, he hadn't been down here in a while as he didn't need too; it was good to be back. Harry set up a cauldron and quickly made up a hair loss potion, when it was simmering he snapped his fingers for his notepad and began jotting down ideas and snippets to change the potion. He needed the potion to activate when the old fool was asleep and he wanted it to be untraceable, Harry had a few ideas before he came to the calculation of the correct formula. With a smirk, he began adding the necessary ingredients and stirring the draught, he was about to add the final ingredient, a pinch powdered root of asphodel when the door was thrown open making him jump and poor then entire contents of the container in.

"Shit," he cursed as the cauldron literally ruptured spraying it's contents everywhere, Harry only got a shield up because he didn't use his wand, the people who burst in, who he recognised as Warrington and a Ravenclaw 6th year named MacDougal, weren't so lucky and were covered.

"What in Merlin's name do you think you are doing?" Harry yelled at them furiously.

"Ew, what is this?" MacDougal squealed trying to get it out of her hair and off her face, she ran her hands through her hair when it broke off and Harry's eyes widened before he hastily covered his laughter.

"It's an experimental potion you dipshit," He told her instead.

"What does it do?"

"Hair loss," he shrugged casually, she checked her hair and screamed when it came of in her hands.

"What the fuck have you done?" She shrieked and Harry scoffed.

"Me?" he said in disbelief, "You're the stupid idiots that burst in to a potions lab!"

"You shouldn't be experimenting, you don't know what your doing!" she shouted at him in a rage, Harry's eyebrows shot up in disbelief. He not know what he was doing in potions? That was the most ridiculous thing he had ever heard.

"Of course I know what I'm doing."

"You're only a measly first year, what do you know." she sneered, Harry shot a look at Warrington who just shrugged resigned to his fate of premature baldness.

"Oh my mistake, it's a shame this measly first year won't bother to try and counter the accident." Harry spat, "Stupid bitch can go around bald, now get out of my lab." She ran off wailing and Warrington laughed.

"Sorry about that, Harrison,"

Harry waved him off.

"Not my problem, I was telling the truth, it is an experimental potion so I don't know when it will wear off. When it does, you will be able to magic your hair back." He said to the older Snake, who grinned.

"Thank Merlin," He left quietly and Harry began again, he had to snap his fingers for his own asphodel and powder it on the desk. This time, when he was on the final steps, no one burst in and he managed to add the correct amount and stirred it until it came to his estimated yellow colour.

"Brilliant," He muttered. He allowed it to cool before bottling up and clearing up the lab. He had more to clear up thanks to his interruption and Harry made sure he had vanished all the spilt potion, he was sure it wasn't harmful, just much more potent.

As it was now it had to be ingested to take affect and if everything went to plan, the old fool would ingest enough throughout the day before he went to bed. Harry grinned to himself and bagged the phials, he left the lab and went back to Snape's office to inform him he was finished. He cast a tempus and saw he had missed lunch, which wasn't so surprising, and he had about an hour and a half until dinner. Harry made his way back to the common room, the rest of the first year boys had taken up shop around a table and Harry flashed them a grin.