Eighty-Four

"Good afternoon, one of darkness. How does one find one's self?" Harry greeted cheerfully when he strolled on in to Marvolo's study without so much as knocking. The Dark Lord blinked once and went to speak before he decided against it and shook his head, it wasn't worth the headache, and Harry grinned.

"I thought it was a wonderful day too," Harry agreed as he took his seat, "Simply splendid,"

"I take it that the hearing was to your favour?"

"Yes, pleasantly so, and dear Rita is going to be at Black Manor tomorrow for that exclusive." Harry told him with a smirk, which Marvolo returned.

"So the mighty will fall,"

"Oh yes, and I get front row."

"I will enjoy it, but not as much as Dumbledore's fall."

"Dumbledore will crumble almost instantly as soon as I reach my 5th year, but of course that is on you and how you wish to break him." Harry said and Marvolo nodded.

"Indeed, with the power we hold together, Dumbledore would not be able to oppose us, but I will be taking pleasure in ruining him throughout the build up."

"I thought as much," Harry grinned before sitting forward, "Now, on to more serious matters."

"Go on?"

"On the night you came after me, you sent some of your most loyal after the Longbottoms, yes?"

"That is correct, Bella, Rodolphus, Rabastan and Barty."

"Was that because Neville was the other child of the prophecy?" Harry asked and Marvolo nodded slowly.

"Yes, the child also fit the bill, but I chose you for a number of reasons. However, I was not willing to take the risk and in the end I sent my most loyal after the other potential."

"I thought as much, I wasn't too sure so I thought I'd clarify before mentioning it."

"What brought this up?"

"Today we were talking about the Black family and Sirius brought up Bellatrix and not knowing what to do with her, because if she had a purpose she would stay on the tree, however, if she didn't then it would be goodbye Bella." Harry told him and Marvolo hummed.

"Bellatrix was one of, if not, the best I had, loyal to the core and extremely powerful. I do not know the exact details around her capture, but I believe the only reason she wouldn't have left when given the chance was because she had failed her mission, something that she would have deeply taken to heart. Bella is the only person to never fail a direct order from me, even Lucius and Severus have had a few failures."

"She was your favourite?"

"Yes, no doubt about that, I could rely on Bella and I did often. Despite rumours and popular belief, I was not a crazy megalomaniac during my power and my Death Eaters were not mere slaves under my power. I had an army and it was regimented as an army. Bella, Lucius, Severus and Izar Nott were my most trusted followed by Barty Crouch Jr, the Lestrange brothers and Antonin Dolohov. They were my Elite. Then I had my inner circle, they were filled with powerful duellists and those in positions of power and information, I had someone from the DoM, some from the auror department, hit wizard and ones working close to the head office. Following that, it was my outer circle, those who were selected in teams and units, they could infiltrate and go on raids. Finally there my sympathisers, those like Narcissa who were healers and unmarked and the magical creatures that were under my command."

"I really did screw a lot of things up, didn't I?" Harry said blinking owlishly, Marvolo threw him a filthy look that had Harry holding up his hands in defence despite the fact he was smirking.