Sixty

It was obvious that Harry was on edge when the other Slytherins saw him in the morning, he was slightly snappy with people and he completely ignored his food when he got to breakfast.

"What is with you?" Draco demanded pulling him to the side, Harry shot the blond an annoyed look and raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing," He answered sullenly and Draco scoffed.

"Bull, you've been snapping and snarling since we got up."

"I've got things on my mind," Harry said and Draco gave him an incredulous look.

"Yes, but that doesn't usually make you an unapproachable Gryffindor." He stated, Harry sighed and ran a hand through his hair which was getting quite long reaching past his shoulders now.

"Sorry, it's just something happened and I won't be ok until I know I've done something about it."

"Are you going to tell me what's got you so worked up?" Draco asked and Harry bit his lip, he finally nodded and pulled the blond back to the dorms, throwing up a ward.

"I'm worried about Lily," Harry told him and whatever Draco was expecting; it wasn't that.

"Why?" He asked slowly, he knew his friend wouldn't worry about his former mother unless it was for a really good reason.

"I've been watching her and she's been acting weird, little things, but when you put them together they don't come to a good conclusion. And then yesterday she backed me up over Dumbledore and Potter and when I was walking back to the dorms I overheard them arguing. Only he wasn't just arguing with her," Harry gave Draco a significant look and it took the blond only seconds to see what Harry was implying, his eyes widened in shock.

"He's not-."

"Yes,"

"Bastard,"

"I know, and I know I can't actively do anything because that's down to her. But I can't not do anything, so when I went to see aunt Cissa yesterday and she suggested an emergency portkey to the Manor just in case because we don't know details," Harry threw himself on to his bed with a sigh.

"It is the only thing you can really do." Draco agreed, "I never thought Potter would sink to a low like this."

"No, and that's not the only thing I'm worried about."

"What else?"

"Who do we know who has a slight soft spot for Lily?"

"Uncle Severus," Draco groaned flopping backwards.

"Oh yes,"

"Remind me not to be there when you fill him in."

Harry scoffed.

"I'm going to try not to be there. Hades, I hope we don't have to tell him anything and I hope that I'm blowing things up."

"But you don't think you are?"

"Unfortunately no," Harry sighed again absently stroking Aressa.

"When are you getting the portkey?"

"Dad's getting me one for today, I just have to get Lily alone."

"Shouldn't be too difficult, you have the map and an unhealthy amount of knowledge of the school." Draco pointed out.

"True," Harry summoned the map with a snap of his fingers, he activated it and saw Lily was in her classroom and his dad was on his way down to the Slytherin common room.

"Looks like dad has the portkey," Harry commented folding the map away, he hadn't made much progress with his map. He had finally managed to draw everything, but he had to put the spells on and add the ones he wanted for the map so he could see in the corridors. Harry pulled himself up and took down the wards,

"I'm going to see Lily." Harry told him and Draco nodded, Harry grabbed a few things from his trunk before he left the dorms and met his dad in the common room.

"I saw you coming," Harry said seeing the raised eyebrow.

"Ah, the map,"

"Yes, do you have it?"

Sirius withdrew a simple silver chain, it has the Black crest as a pendent.

"The activation is moonstone, something I thought that Lily would remember. It's charmed so only you and Lily can remove it meaning James won't be able to take it from her if he sees it." Sirius explained.

"Ok, thanks,"

"No problem, pup, she was my friend too."

Harry nodded and left the common room, he took the map out and saw James was with Dumbledore in the head office and Lily was still in her classroom. Using a few shortcuts, he came to the Arithmancy classroom, he knocked lightly on the door and poked his head in. It was obvious she was incredibly shocked because she stared at him with wide eyes for a few seconds.

"Oh um sorry, come in Harrison,"

Harry walked in and sealed the door with a wave of his hand, the ward would alert him if anyone came passed the door.

"Good morning, Lily," Harry greeted, standing before the desk which she was working on; she must have been finishing marking the exams by the pile of papers on her desk.

"Good morning," She returned, shock still evident in her tone, "What-what are you doing here?" Her tone was curious and Harry smiled slightly.

"Contrary to popular belief, I am not a heartless person nor am I blind." Harry began, "I know we do not get on, you gave me up and I do resent you for that." Lily looked down sadly, and when she looked back at him Harry could see her eyes were filled with genuine remorse.

"But I also know you regret that decision, and didn't want me to stay with the muggles." She looked stunned at his knowledge of that and Harry pulled out the chain and a phial of pain potion.

"What are those?" She questioned shakily.

"This is a phial of pain potion, which I am sure you recognise easily as according to Severus you are very adept at potions. Which means you are a very skilled brewer because coming from Severus that is high praise," Harry grinned at that and Lily smiled, something that lit up her whole face.

"Severus is very passionate about potions, I don't think I know anyone as skilled as him." Lily said fondly, and then she looked at the chain.

"What is this?"

"That is an emergency portkey to Black Manor for you. It cannot be removed by anyone other than you or me, I want you to wear it at all times just in case."

Harry saw the fear entering her eyes as well as confusion.

"Why?"

"Like I said, I am neither heartless nor blind. I cannot help you at the current time, and that is the only thing I can offer until you make the first move." Harry said slightly frustrated. "The activation is moonstone, just-just keep it on and be careful." Harry turned abruptly and left the room, although he did catch the sobbed thank you from her before the door closed. He leant against the wall with a tired sigh, he hadn't forgiven her for giving him up, but it had made him feel a lot better to know that she wanted him back within the first month.

The fact that she had been suffering because she had wanted him back made him feel strange, he didn't know what to make off it because she was still trying and suffering if what he had seen and heard was anything to go by. Harry didn't know how he was supposed to deal with something like this, he knew he would never see her as his mother, but he didn't hate her anymore. No, that was reserved for James, Dumbledore and Rosina. Harry pushed himself off the wall and walked slowly towards the common room, he needed a distraction and there were many books he had that would take his mind off of his raging thoughts. One thing he was clear on though, he hope she didn't need that portkey to save her.