106

Severus Snape, unknown to his friends and the brats he thought fondly of, was on a very important mission. It was something he was supposed to do years ago but he had been very reluctant to do so, he had been much too focussed on his Potions Mastery to care much about politics and the ministry, he didn't need money, being as successful as he was made plenty on independent potion sells and he had earned an absolute fortune when he had had his success with the Wolfsbane potion. So money was not an issue. He was very close friends with Lord Lucius Malfoy, anything political got practically handed to the slippery Malfoy Lord and he was also an Elite Death Eater. If he really wanted something, as long it had just cause, his Lord could usually obtain it for him. Especially given the fact that he was the only capable potions master, one that could and would make anything needed.

So his current mission had not been a priory. He didn't have a family, he didn't have a significant other to look after, it was just him and he was fine with that. The years had gone by, his Lord had fallen and he was a teacher, the Wizengamot was no longer solely controlled by those of a darker nature and things were shifting around him. Now, however, everything had changed. His Lord had returned and they needed to bring back the control they once had, they were gaining power within the Wizengamot, his Lord himself as well as the Black seats, but it wasn't quite enough and Snape was torn. His Lord didn't necessarily need him to do this, but it would help. Then Lily Evans had fallen back in to his life.

Her son, or rather, her ex son, had come first, there was something about Harrison Black that you just liked, and it helped a lot that he had the same passion for Potions as Severus himself did. But when Lily came back it was what really sealed his decision. Just thinking about her broken form shot white hot rage licking through his system and Severus bit back a growl, Potter would pay for his actions, he would be ruined before his suffered a most painful death, and Severus would have it no other way. What he had done to Lily was unforgivable and Severus knew that, without the proper backing, there was a chance that Lily would have to suffer being his husband until either of them died; something Severus couldn't allow.

It was because of that he found himself dressed in his best formal robes walking up the marble steps of Gringotts bank, very few had recognised him, which he was thankful for, and he put it down to the fact that not many had seen him since the incident with the miracle juice. He strode up to the nearest teller and waited for the goblin to finish before speaking.

"I wish to claim my Lordship, as last in line and Heir to the Ancient and Noble House of Prince." He said clearly and, if he had been a lesser man he would have flinched at the feral grin that came to the goblin's face.

"About time, Heir Prince. Follow the goblin to the Prince Account manager."

Snape nodded and followed the goblin that had appeared from no-where, they walked through the marble entrance hall and through a side corridor that Severus had not been down before. It was every bit as twisting and turning as the stone passage to the vaults, and finally they stopped outside a dark wood door. The goblin knocked thrice upon the door and Snape was instructed to enter the office, he didn't blink at the elegant décor, Merlin knew he spent enough time around Lucius and his extravagances, and took the seat he was instructed to sit in.

"Heir Prince, I expected to see you many years ago." The goblin noted, "I am Ripclaw, the Prince Family Account Manager."

"Greetings Ripclaw, I am aware of my delay and I have come to rectify this and put the Prince Family Fortune back in to circulation." Severus said smoothly, and he knew it was the right thing to say when the goblins eyes lit up.

"Very well, your identity has already been confirmed therefore we shall I only need the claiming ritual." Ripclaw fetched a white crystal and a golden dagger, placing them on his desk and retaking his seat. "Put your bloody palm upon the stone and state your claim, if you are accepted your Lordship ring shall appear on your hand and the Prince accounts shall once again be active. If your claim is rejected…" Ripclaw grinned a dark grin as he trailed off, Severus knew if the claim was rejected there was a strong possibility he would die, that or seriously injured and in for a lot of pain.