108

Sirius looked at James and Dumbledore and mentally shook his head, these were people he, at one point in his life, thought the world of. He had given up everything to actively fight for the light, he had nearly lost his life on countless times, he had nearly lost Moony when Dumbledore sent him off on impossible missions. Sirius was honesty baffled. He knew absolutely nothing about these people. Was it him? Had he changed that much, or had he just opened his eyes to their true behaviour? The taunts, the arrogance, the blatant illicit behaviour, and what he did to Lily? Sirius looked James dead in the eye, not even an ounce of him regretting what he was about to say.

"Yes. I know exactly the sort of company I keep." Sirius told them lowly, and to emphasise his point he gave a formal half bow to the Dark Lord, before spinning on his heel and walking from the room. James watched Sirius leave with a mix of fury and horror on his face, he looked at Dumbledore, who was shaking his head in utter disappointment and growled.

"Are you happy now? You finally manipulated the final Black to your side." James spat at the Dark Lord. "What have you got on him? He would never go to you, you're nothing but a monster."

The Dark Lord's eyes flashed before a dark smile came to his face.

"What makes the Black Lord's allegiance all the more pleasing, Potter, is that I didn't manipulate him whatsoever." Marvolo told him gleefully, his charmed blue eyes glinting dangerously, "It was you that pushed him over to me, you did it, and I get to reap the wards of your mistakes."

"You have always been so willing to destroy people's lives." Dumbledore said despondently.

"It's funny, I could say the same thing about you." Marvolo said and Dumbledore's eyes narrowed for a brief moment before his expression was clear.

"You will not last here, Tom." Dumbledore told him, making the Dark Lord's eyes flash crimson for a moment. "It is not in your nature to be around civilised people."

"We shall see, Dumbledore." Marvolo said, "Gentlemen, let us find Lord Black. I wish to speak with him."

The three of them turned their backs on the Chief Warlock and Lord Potter and exited the Wizengamot chamber, they didn't have to wait far to look for Sirius, he was stood talking to Lord Greengrass and Amelia Bones and the three shared a nod before Greengrass and Bones walked away together. Sirius looked back breathed and in relief, he waited for the others to catch up and offered a somewhat sheepish expression.

"So we don't mention this until I've spoken to Moony." Sirius suggested lightly, the three of them looked at him with devious expressions and Sirius groaned. "This is going to cost me, isn't it?"

"Don't sound so disheartened, Sirius," Lucius said pleasantly, "It's a minor cost, your goblin made cane snake's head is something I've always admired."

Sirius blinked and thought of the one Lucius was on about before nodding.

"Done," He turned to Izar, "Well?"

"I've heard the Black cellars have wonderful wine." Nott mused, "Elf made,"

"Done," Then he turned to the Dark Lord, "Dear Merlin, this should be fun," The Dark Lord smirked.

"Come now, I'm not too unreasonable." Marvolo said charmingly, but that didn't make Sirius feel any better.

"I'm not reassured." He said.

"Things could be worse."

"I'll sick Harrison on you." Sirius burst out and Marvolo blinked.

"You're eleven year old son." He drawled, and Sirius nodded with a smirk.