115

Two people walked calmly down a peaceful street at a steady pace. The lady was wearing a pale blue summer dress with cap sleeves, it fell modestly to her knee and was paired with matching heels and clutch, and her blond hair was pinned up. The man wore navy suit trousers with a crisp white shirt and a dark blue tie, his black shoes perfectly polished and his hair banded at the nape. They didn't look out of place at all, their behaviour and attire matching the area, but they couldn't have been more different from the residence for they were witch and wizard.

They walked confidently to a neat three story town house, a pale cream in colour with a natural wood door. The lady stepped forward to knock on the door and they waited patiently for the door to open and a woman to appear. She was dressed casually, obviously not planning on leaving the house that day, and her dark curly hair was pulled up. The woman's eyes widened when she saw who was at her door, stepping back in with her jaw dropping in shock. Seeing as she didn't seem to be able to speak, the lady who knocked took it upon herself.

"Good afternoon, Andromeda. It is good to see you after all these years."

"Narcissa! Sirius!" She whispered before collecting herself, "What are you doing here?"

"We came to visit," Sirius told her, "I did write, but the owl must have gone astray. When I told Cissa that I was coming to visit, she insisted she come."

"I simply had to," Cissa agreed, "It has been too long,"

"I don't know what to say," Andromeda began, obviously still thrown by their sudden appearance.

"Well it is a warm day so lemonade is refreshing and perhaps a snack." Narcissa suggested in a way which left Andromeda no choice but to step back and grant them access unless she wished to cause a scene at her door. Her home was very nice, if only a lot smaller than what they were both used to – which was another thing Sirius didn't understand, she had the money to love very comfortably. She invited them in to the kitchen/dining room to sit and Sirius saw Narcissa freeze slightly and they saw the obviously muggle room.

"Have a seat," Andromeda offered, coming back over with three glasses of lemonade with a slice of lemon in each. It was silent in the beginning, and tense, the three of them sipping on their drinks as they regarded the other.

"Why are you here?" Andromeda finally asked.

"To see you, of course." Narcissa answered.

"Why now? You have not bothered with me in almost twenty years."

"Things have changed." Narcissa pointed out, "We have a new Head of House and family bonds are growing once again."

"I fail to see the difference." Andromeda responded coldly, "You all turned away when I was thrown out and suddenly you're back, I don't buy it."

"Excuse me," Sirius interrupted, "That is not true. was in full contact with you until you cut me off two years ago."

"You became Lord Black." She said as if that explained everything.

"So? That mean's nothing! If anything that would have been the perfect moment to be returned to the family." Sirius stated.

"Why would I want to return to something that cares more about how good it looks than caring for it's members."

"Andromeda!" Narcissa exclaimed.