Chapter 2

Joy brought itself to the estate when Yuuki is around. Well, it couldn't help but to come. Yuuki, the precious Pureblood Princess, is the sunshine. Whereas Sara is the shade.

It was Yuuki's fourth birthday that day. She woke up just in time to watch the sunset. Sara got ready to prepare the birthday party that is to be held for Yuuki's birthday. Although Yuuki's existence is to be kept a secret, a few people knew of her came. That night, the ground floor was bright. Sara watched the party lights in awe, especially because the ground floor is always so dark. She wished she could get closer to see the party but she was forbidden to join.

Sara walked to the garden, which was nicely kept. Various flowers surrounded a pavilion, which was decorated with sculptured flowers with leaves entwining themselves on the roots of the pretty flowers. She loved to walk around the garden and she loved the white roses which grown near the pavilion. The wind blew by, greeting the young brunette as the carry her wavy hair away. Kaname looked at the scene through the window and was surprised by Sara's growth.

She had become more beautiful.

As he returned from his thoughts, he met a pair of mismatching eyes with lines of loneliness within them. Kaname smiled gently and Sara as she smiled back.

She walked down the hallway and saw Yuuki in her room. Confused, Sara walked faster towards her so-called sister. Yuuki was holding the present Sara had received from Kaname when she was four. In instinct, Sara quickly hold on the bottle that contained the flower.

"Please give it back, Yuuki."

"Why? Why did Kaname onii-sama give you the same birthday present as me? You stole it. You stole my present from Kaname onii-sama!"

Yuuki pulled back the bottle as Sara tried to grab hold of it.

"I didn't steal it. Kana-nii gave it to me last year. It was my birthday present. It's my only one! Give it back!"

"No! It's mine! I knew it. You're evil! Mama said you are cursed, you're evil! And now you steal my property!"

"I didn't steal it! Please give it back! It's important to me!"

The two continued to fight for the bottle until Sara forced the bottle out of Yuuki's hands. Yuuki landed on the floor just outside Sara's room with a thud. As if by alarm, Juri and Haruka appeared. The two adults looked at the girls. From Sara to Yuuki. When Juri saw Yuuki on the floor crying, she held her arm up and back-handed Sara, sending her to hit the window by her bed.

"How dare you hurt my child! Are you out of your mind!"

Juri walked in and grabbed Sara's hair, dragging her out of her room. She slapped Sara once again.

"Juri-sama! Please don't hurt me! I didn't do anything wrong!"

Tears formed in Sara's eyes as she said it. She rarely cried in front of other people.

Haruka helped Yuuki up as Yuuki glared at Sara.

"Mama, Sara stole my present from Kaname onii-sama. Look! It's my bottle isnt it?"

Although the bottle was slightly different as the patterns of silver was different, the rest of the bottle looked exactly like Yuuki's.

Juri saw the bottle. Fire built inside of her as she faced Sara. She raised her hand up to once again hit the small girl. This time, her nails scraped Sara's face, leaving a trail of crimson blood oozing down her cheek.

"Juri-sama. It's mine. Kaname-sama gave it to me last year. Please believe me. I didn't do anything wrong!"

"Are you still denying your crime? I knew keeping you in is a wrong idea. You should be thankful that we didn't abandon you!"

Juri raised her hand again, however she was stopped by a hand grabbing her wrist.

"Juri. Calm down and let me deal with the situation."

Juri paused for a bit before nodding unwillingly.

Kaname looked at the now crying Sara.

"Kana-nii. You believe me right?"

Sara looked into his eyes, praying that he have faith in her.

Please Kana-nii. I don't want you to lose trust on me too.

Kaname closed his eyes and reopened them as he spoke.

"Sara. Give the bottle back to Yuuki."

Sara couldn't believe her ears. She was devastated. She felt betrayed. Tears flowed down her cheeks as she dropped the bottle.

"Yes. Kaname-sama."

Sara got up and barged into the garden. Her eyes red from crying.

You are unwanted, You are nothing but a tool to him. I did remind you not to keep your hopes up. No one will ever love you.

A voiced hissed.

Sara crouched dow, hugging her knees.

You are right. Perhaps I did keep my hopes high. High enough to break me. Suffocate me. I don't like this feeling. I don't want to feel like this anymore.

She got up from her position. Her eyes no longer contain any emotions. Using her telekinesis, she wiped out all the white roses she looked after and cared for dearly.

At that moment Kaname knows Sara has finally unleashed her powers.

"Sara."