Chapter 20

Kaname

"Kaname-sempai"

I turned to face the owner of the sweet voice.

"Yuuki. You were looking for me?"

She looked away, red creeping up her cheeks. If I wasn't attracted to Sara, I'd probably pull Yuuki into my embrace, wrapping my arms around her to protect her from all the evil.

"Um... I... I would like to talk to you. Privately."

I nodded.

.

.

She brought me to the woods. It was the part of the forest where not many people come. It must be very important that she had to bring me to the most isolated part of the academy.

"What do you want to talk to me about?"

She walked around for a bit before she came to a pause and took in a deep breath.

"I... Kaname-sempai. What do you think of me?"

I stopped my footsteps. What do I think of Yuuki? Is she really simply just my sister?

I exhaled the breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Yuuki. You are someone I care for."

She held my arm on tight and looked into my eyes with determination.

"Do you love me then?"

"I do. I see you as my sister-"

"I don't want you to see me as your sister!"

She wrapped her arms around me and closed up the space between our bodies. The wind caught up to the pace of her breath, fast but steady. My body seemed to have a mind of its own and returned her embrace. My arms wrapped around her small frame as my head put itself at the crook of her neck, breathing in her scent. Her sweet scent of strawberries combined with a mild taste of citrus fruits. But it was nothing compared to Sara.

Sara.

"Kaname-sem-"

"Yuuki. I want you to drop the honorifics."

I was always bothered by the fact that everyone called my with honorifics. And I certainly don't want people I care for call me using them. Especially not Sara.

"Ka...Kaname."

"Yes?"

"I... I liked you since the day you saved me. I can't look at you as my saviour anymore! I like. No. Love you! I want you!"

I looked at her eyes, shocked. I wanted to see whether she was joking or she was just having a little crush. But my theory was proven wrong when I saw the love and adoration she has for me. But is this really what I wanted?

"Yuuki. Would you be my lover?"

I wanted to test. To test whether she really wanted to be with me.

Tears rolled down her cheeks. She nodded eagerly.

I wanted to push her away. To tell her I'm in love with someone else. But that joyful look of Juri and Haruka from when they told me they wanted me to get engaged with Yuuki, I hesitated.

I leaned down towards her mouth. Yet again, I was interrupted by an image of Sara. She's so beautiful. Kind. Generous, smart, courageous. The definition of Perfect. I can't stand seeing her hurt. Heck, I might kill myself not being able to be with her.

My mind has torn into a half. Half of me wanting to finish the deal with the previous heads of the Kurans. The other half wanting to be with Sara. Love her. Protect her from any further damage to her heart. She's suffered enough.

My lips were a centimetre away from Yuuki's when I pushed her away from me.

"I'm sorry Yuuki. I can't be with you. There is somebody else that is placed in a special place in my heart. No one can replace her. I am truly sorry."

Disappointment was shown through her watery eyes.

"It's Sara isn't it?"

As much as I want to lie to her, I can't. She deserves to know the woman of my heart and she deserves not be even more heartbroken.

I nodded even though I know she couldn't see.

"Yes Yuuki. Sara is that special someone of mine. I love her very much."

She rubbed her hands against her wet eyes.

"Go to her."

I looked at Yuuki sympathetically.

"Goodbye Yuuki."

.

.

My legs ran faster when I sense something had gone wrong. The Night class rushed out to greet me when I got close. Their worried look had proved what I had sensed was not delusional.

"What is going on?"

They looked at each other. Takuma stepped out from the crowd.

"Kaname-sama. Sara's gone."

My telekinesis cut the nearby tree in half as my eyes turned blood red.

"What do you mean by gone?"

He took out an old piece of paper.

"We found this on her bed."

I grab hold of the piece of the piece paper. The scent lingering around gave me a pretty good idea of who's it from.

   To my dear nephew,

            It looks like my previous warnings didn't get to you in the slightest. Well... It's a bit too late to turn back now. The Blue Rose Princess is within my grasp and soon,

           We'll meet again. 

          This time not in harmony.

          But in the middle of war.

"Kaname-sama. What does he mean by Blue Rose Princess?"

A bowl of fire soon appeared to burn off the paper, leaving the ashes flowing in the wind.

"Blue Rose Princess. A legend that should never have existed."

I turned around to walk back into the mansion. The students part to let me through as they followed behind. 

Anger. That's the only emotion I can feel now. I never knew I would have such overwhelming emotion. My usual stoic, calm look changed to pure anger.

i chuckled.

"If war is what you wanted, then war it is. I will not let you have Sara."