Chapter 6

Kaname came out of the house which belonged to Kaien Cross, after sending the young girl into his care.

"Kaname. It's been a while since I have seen you smile like that. You should do it more often. Is she someone special to you?"

Ichijou Takuma looked at his friend with a smile plastered onto his face as he continued to regard that rare smile on Kaname's face.

"Yeah. She has always been and will always be. However, she is not Her."

It has been 4 years since Sara was 'sent' out of the Kuran estate. He had been looking everywhere for her but was still unable to even get a trace of her or even a single little bit of DNA. He had been restless and fustrated and had been constantly taking more and more trips into the human world to find his cherished one. It was during this time that Rido decided to cause catastrophe. Kaname had been so exhausted that hebhad failed to notice the added numbers to the maids and butlers in the household. A few nights before, Kuran Rido came to pay them a visit and greeted them by wrecking the house and family. Not only he had lost his precious love, but also Haruka and Juri and his other beloved sister had also lost memories of her past. Of her parents. Of him.

Takuma looked into the darkness of the streets they had droven past. He smirked.

'Her', huh. I wonder how special is the spoken 'Her'. Oh Kaname, you never fail to surprise me.

"Sara! Get back here! Kiriyu Sara!

Oops, he used the full name.

"Aah! Ichiru-nii! Zero-nii got angry! Save me!"

Ichiru, who had just gotted out od his room, chuckled at the sight of his siblings chasing cats and dogs. Sara ran and hid behind Ichiru.

"I was just trying to wake Zero-nii up."

"Sara. You can wake me up but NOT AT 7 IN THE MORNING ON A FREAKING SATURDAY! AND you certainly DO NOT NEED TO POUR FREEZING WATER ON MY FRICKIN' HEAD! IT'S F**CKING WINTER YOU KNOW!"

Ichiru stood in front of Zero just before he leaps onto Sara. He shook his head.

"Zero, I know you're angry but there is no need to start cussing early in the morning. And you do know you are suppose to get up anyways. Plus, you have your adorable baby sister give you a morning call. Shouldn't you be pleased?"

Life cannot be any better for Sara. Not only she has two lovely and loving parents, but also two overly protective and charming brothers. She was now able to keep her vampiric habits hidden and under control and was now slowly to become more human. She no longer need blood to gain energy, she was able to gain energy by eating human food and from 'contacts of love' including hugs and kisses fro her family. Although Ryuu and Yuzuru had been worried that once her fangs will be fully grown she will have difficulties in keeping her thirst for blood under control, they treated and loved her as if she was their biological daughter. Sara had been grateful to them. For the first in her life, she was happy. She felt need and loved. She would do anything to protect this family.

The siblings argued and suddenly Sara turned towards the door.

"Sara. What's wrong?"

Sara then jumped onto Zero's back, making the boy's cheeks slightly pink.

"I heard a knock at the doors."

Despite becoming more like a human, Sara still had incredible powers, senses and speed.

"I'll go get that."

Ichiru opened the door and revealed a man with long black hair that reached his shoulders, and wore an eyepatch over his right eye. Somehow, this man looked familiar to Sara.