Chapter 21 part II

It was as if her heart has been teared out; piece by piece. It hurt so much. So much that she had to curl up on her side to decrease the level of pain. Even if there weren't a significant difference. She couldn't help but let her memories seep through, especially with the darkness which surrounds her like a tornado. Her sad memories overruled her happy ones and was soon the only things she could see in her mind. She cried. Trying to let out all her pain. But that just makes her pain increase. The pain from the betrayal. From the rejection. From the lack of support. Love. What seem to break her heart into shattered pieces of heart was Kaname. He's always in her mind. She knew she loved him. Not as a brother, but as a proper man. She wanted him to love her bad. But she knows that's not going to happen. He loves Yuuki. Yuuki only. That she's just a sub for Yuuki, and now that Yuuki wants him, he'll leave her for sure. Now that her last and only purpose to stay alive has already become meaningless, what's the point in living then?

You can't.

She recognizes this voice.

Shuu?

There was no reply. Was it only her imagination? 

No. It's not your imagination. Princess you-

Shuu? Is that really you? What are trying to say? I can't hear you.

Pri...cess... You...ta.. sta...ive...

"What?" was her only thought. It was as if there were signal interruption, his voice was stuttering. But how is that even possible? To have signal disruptions. It's not as if Shuu is another person. Right? He was Sara. Sara was him. They were one person. Isn't that what he told her? Unless... He's hiding something.

Shuu? Where are you? I can't hear you properly. 

Silence. She thought he was gone. Again. Like last time. But,

Princess. There is something else I should of told you. 

He holds this mysterious yet serious tone when he wants to be serious. She knew something was wrong.

I lied. I wasn't actually you. I am actually-

And again. An interruption. What was he trying to tell her? What is he then is he wasn't her? What is they're relationship then? Questions kept on coming up that it was starting to make her feel like there is another purpose to stay alive now. Only for a while. Until she finds her answers. 

She got up and ran. Trying to find an exit. Some sort of light source. That got to be the exit, right? Then again, how did she get to this place in the first place? And sure is this place massive- Wait a minute. What if this isn't reality, but a dream? She grab hold of a small piece of her own flesh and starts to put pressure on her thumb and index finger. It doesn't hurt. Then it must be a dream, right?

"Sara. Sara!" 

That voice. It sounds familiar.

A spark. It grows bigger and bigger. It's radiant presence gave the dark atmosphere a warm feeling. Light. She reached her hand out. It was like Jesus descended to save her. Save a vampire. For a moment, she felt something she had never felt before. Freedom. 

"Sara!"

Come on, Princess. It's time to wake up.

The radiant, pristine white light burns her eyes so bad,she had her eyes closed shut. When she opened them, blur and blobs of colors surrounded her. She did it again. This time when she opens her eyes, she could identify individual objects. Then two faces. She couldn't see who it is. All she knows is that one of them are wrapping their arms around her.

God? 

But that wouldn't make sense it if were God. After all, she belongs in the underworld as He stays in heaven. Maybe even more above. 

Then who might it be?

She stared at him. Emotion unreadable. Probably shock or confusion. He looks down at her. Relief, happiness, tender. He brought her in closer.

"I am never letting you go again. I swear. Never."

He seals his promise with his lips, kissing hers with his. She stays there, shocked. Why would he do this when he loves Yuuki? She doesn't understand. Is he trying break her heart again? Is he speaking of the truth? She doesn't know. All she knows is that she can't trust anyone for now. Even Shuu. And Zero. She couldn't. Not after what she had been through.

His black hair intermingles with her chocolate brown. Although he promised not to leave her side, he knew he had broken that promise a lot of times. He had already lost count of it. He doesn't deserve her. But he can't feel the urge to be by her side and keep her to himself and himself only. He doesn't like other males to touch her, talk to her. Heck, he even dislike any males to come in contact with her other than himself; and even if by accident, it was unforgivable. He wants her so badly that his possessiveness overtook him. He doesn't just want her. He needs her. And badly. He looked at her. Her unreadable emotion tells him otherwise. She doesn't trust him. A pang of pain pounded in his chest to know that the Sara he knew before will never return. And he is the one at fault. He knows the pain he feels is nothing in comparison to what she had felt. The only thing he knew what to do now is to stay by her side and to protect her. To be her Vampire Knight.

.

The war has ended. Though the vampires hated it, they gave thanks to Zero for his help. It was really why they won. Zero smiled as he looked up to the dispersing grey clouds. He knew he had lost his sister, but he had also saved her. That's good enough. He hoped Sara would get a better life from now on though. He hated to admit that he was quite envious of Kaname. He knew of Sara's feelings towards him and that she would never see him as more than just a brother. But he had moved on. He had to.

I don't expect you to forgive me but I hope you'd be happy from now on, Sara.

.

Meanwhile, a young American walked to the wrecked entrance to the Cross Academy. Sun rays came seeping through the gaps of the dispersing clouds, hitting on the ruined grounds. He smiled knowing there would be no harm for her.

Soon we'll meet, Princess. This time in person.