Chapter 8

Sara?

He watched the girl walk by. There was not a single touch of vampiric scent on her.

But she could have hidden it. Like how you did!

But that is not possible. She's too young to be able to handle that stress. It takes a lot of energy and powers to hid your scent so Purebloods is normally capable of camouflage at the age of 10. Sara is not even 7 yet. Though it will be soon.

.

.

"Zero, look over there!"

Ichiru walked closer towards the cherry blossom tree that was not that far away from their house. Zero grab hold of Ichiru's wrist and pulled him behind himself.

"Don't go any closer. That lady over there is no human."

Just as they walked slightly closer, the lady stood up on the branch.

"A pair of innocent children. Sadly, you're not gonna live long."

The wind picked up its pace, forcing the twins to cover their face to protect themselves from the cold. When they open their eyes, the vampire lady was gone.

What does she mean?

.

.

"Zero-nii! Ichiru-nii! Tadaima!"

Sara sprinted towards the boys in an inhuman speed, giving them a hug. She was careful of the strength she used on them, trying not to crush them.

"Okairi." The twins said in unison, smiling at their little sister's act. Though one particular twin held a light shade of pink on his cheeks.

Ryuu and Yuzuru noticed and grinned. They had always knew their son is very fond of her.

"How was you're day out in town?"

"It was great! Mommy and Daddy bought a lot of new clothes for me! I'm so happy!"

"That's great!"

"How were you're lessons?

"I spent half of my time watching Zero, due to my illness but sensei did tell me I've improved. That made my day."

"Minus the fact that Kaito kept making fun of Ichiru."

"Oh come on Zero! You should know him by now! He's just that kind of person."

"Yeah but I still don't like the fact he kept making fun of you just because you're weaker. He thinks he's the top of the world or something."

"Zero you really need to stop holding grudges. I still can't believe you nearly killed him just because he said I'm weak."

"Hey! I was just trying to help you!"

"Exactly! Stop trying! I may be sick and weak but I can fight."

"I should have never helped you in the first place."

"GUYS! Stop it! Stop fighting for a pathetic reason!"

"Sorry."

"Sorry."

Ryuu laughed as Yuzuru tried to not burst laughing like her husband but failed badly.

"I can so get used to this."

"This I will have to agree, Ryuu."

Red creeped up to the cheeks of the twins as Sara join her parents, laughing like a maniac.

.

.

"Wake up, sweetie. There's an emergency. I want you to follow you're brothers to somewhere safe. Hurry!"

"What about you, mommy?"

"I'll come to get you when it's over. Hurry!"

"Promise to be safe."

"Promise."

Sara followed the twins to the end of the storage room. Zero pushed one of the bricks into the wall and revealed a door. He then unlocked the room with the key he brought with him and crawled into the small door. At the end of the tunnel, there was a room with another door at the opposite side.

"What's going on?"

"I don't know. But if mom and dad told us to get into the panic room, then that might mean there is an attack."

Sara smelled a familiar smell and immediately recognise it as Hio Shizuka.

"Oh no. It's Shizuka! She is seeking for revenge! I have to get out there."

"What are you doing, Sara? You could get yourselves killed!"

Zero took the keys away from her but she held on tight.

"I have to! You're parents killed her beloved someone. She's going to kill them."

"They're going to be fine. They're the world's strongest vampire hunters."

"No! You don't understand! Shizuka was the strongest vampire. But when she gets angry, she's ten times worse! I've seen it before. She had once defeated Haruka-sama before and he was the most powerful vampire alive!"

She snatched the keys off Zero and ran to the door in a vampiric speed. In inhuman speed, she locked the door before rushing to the hunter's side.

But it's too late, Princess.

The voice was right. She saw her parents laying in the middle of a blood pool, lifeless. Shizuka stood in front of the corpses, with her hands soaked with their blood.

Come on, Princess. Let your rage unlock your powers. Allow your powers disperse.

Rage built up within her small body.

She killed my parents. She killed my parents!

Yes she did, Princess. What can I do to help you?

Kill her.

As you wish.

Darkness consumed Sara as she felt herself charged with even more powers. Powers of destruction. The more rage she felt, the bigger the power, the stronger she became. Soon, darkness covered her sight.

Princess, it's time for me to take over.