Chapter 19

Hi guys. I just want to point out the fact that Zero is not a vampire in this story but human. Sorry for the confusion for some of you.

Enjoy the story!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Person POV

He patted the white horse's mane.

"Lily. I don't know if I can handle losing her."

The door to the stable flew open. Power radiated throughout the stable, frightening the horses. Zero knew it was Sara.

"Zero-nii. I need to talk to you."

He glared at her.

Sara eyes instantly reflected sadness but mostly: Pain.

"W-Why?"

Zero hid his eyes under his silver bangs. He smirked. Not his usual playful one, but one Sara never thought she'd see. Evil.

"Why? You honestly think I don't know what actually happened?"

She looked at him with pain. Pain from the distrust.

"What do you mean? What happened?"

He chuckled. His eyes came out from the shade and looked at her as if he could murder her.

"Still trying to act innocent?! I know what you did. You ungrateful monster! you killed my parents at first then you disappeared. You reappeared as if nothing happened, acted as if you lost you're memories and now what? You killed my one and only family left! You killed Ichiru!!"

"Zero-nii I didn't! I didn't kill mom and dad! I didn't kill Ichiru! I'm sorry i disappeared but that was only because I was kidnapped-"

He pointed the Bloody Rose to her heart.

"EXCUSES! I honestly thought you are kind. But it seems like you are no different from the rest of the bloodsuckers."

Zero looked away. He couldn't bring himself to look at her, hurt. A drop of tear trailed down his face.

The sound of door slamming was heard.

Pain acted as a sword and stabbed him through his heart. He wanted to take those words back and go hug her and comfort her saying, "It's okay. I'm here for you."

He smiled knowing Sara would be safe from Rido now.

"That's right, Sara. Hate me. You should continue to hate me. That way, you will be safe."

.

.

.

Sara ran mindlessly. She only knew she needed to get away and hope that it's just a nightmare so that she can wake up and hug her brother like usual. Tears streamed down her flawless skin.

This is just a dream. It's all a lie.

Despite telling herself that, she knew that this isn't a nightmare.

.

.

Her feet brought her to the woods. She had stopped running long ago. Just lurking around the woods, not even thinking where she was going.

"Ka-Kaname-sempai."

Sara brought her head up. She followed the trail towards the sound and cover her mouth when she saw them.

Yuuki was hugging Kaname and he wrapped his arms around her petite frame. His head was at the crook of her neck.

"Kaname-sem-"

"Yuuki. I want you to drop the honorifics."

"Ka-Kaname."

"Yes?"

"Kaname. I...I liked you since the day you saved me. I can't look at you like you're my saviour anymore! I like. No. Love you! I want you."

She looked straight to his eyes, showing him that she wasn't lying. That her feeling for him were real.

Kaname silenced. He looked as if he was fighting with himself.

"Yuuki. Would you be my lover?"

Sara's heart shattered. Her heart was fragile as glass. Emotions stopped flowing into her and now she only has one emotion left.

Pain. Pain from the betrayal.

Her heart broke into even more smaller pieces when she saw Kaname leaned down. He lingered a bit before placing his lips on hers.

Sara ran.

.

Sara leaned against an ancient oak tree. Tears continued to flow down. But she couldn't feel them. She felt numb. She felt like dying so she can get rid of the long lasting pain. She's all alone now.

She tried to contact Shuu again but couln't get to him. After her lash out of powers, it was as if her link between Shuu and herself had been cut.

She felt a presence getting close to her. Sara sighed.

If they want to kill me, then let them be.

A cloth found its way to Sara's mouth and nose, taking away her senses. She dropped onto the floor, unconscious.

"Rido-sama. We've got her."

"Good. Now bring her back to the castle and get ready for war."