Chapter 15

Sara's POV

I expected myself to get up at around noon, near the time for lessons, to be greeted by the crowd of manipulated girls; but instead greeted by him. Greeted by the sound of chirping birds. He looked at me, as if trying to see the bottom of my heart. He who had given up on me but took me back in as soon as he thrown away my feelings. Kaname. He looked tired. Something whirled inside of me to tell me to ask him what's wrong. So I did.

"You look tired. Sleep."

"No. Not until I know fully that you are well."

I don't why I trusted him to tell me the truth. Telling me that he felt the same way as I did and as I still do. Even after all the heartbreaks, he still managed to lure me close to him. 

"I am fine. You, however, is a different story. Sleep."

I lifted up the duvet, inviting him to sleep beside me. 

He chuckled sadly.

"You sound just like how you used to. Sometimes I wonder if you really forgotten everything" he murmured.

To normal vampires, perhaps even some Purebloods, that would have been jiberish; I heard every word. Guilt plunged through me for not telling him the truth.

Should I tell him? 

Princess. You should tell him. 

But what if things will become worse if I had told him? I want to continue this. Living in a world where everyone thinks I'm just a tool is too painful to withstand. Shu, what should I do?

He didn't reply for a while. Making me wonder if my question had bombarded him that he wish he had nothing to do with it. 

Shu it's-

Princess. I know it's going to be hard on you, but trust me on this. He needs to know.

Shu is right. He should know.

I laughed lightly.

Since when have I become a pathetic little girl? I've always been strong, not letting my feelings betray me. 

I turned to face Kaname, who had been staring at my back, trying to pass through the barrier I've put around my thoughts. He's not the only one who can read minds. So can I. And that's why I know how to shield them. I guess Mr Ancestor doesn't know just yet.

"Kaname. I can feel you trying to burn through my brain."

He smiled lightly.

"That's definetly the sign of you coming back."

"I haven't retrieved all my memories yet though. But I think I can remember most of it."

Now that he knows, I wonder if he would accept me or would he push me away again?

"Kaname-nii-san, I-"

I felt arms wrapped around me in lighting speed and I smashed into a hard chest. He placed his lips on the crown of my head and slowly trailed down to the corner of my lips.

"I know what you want to say. "

I gave him a confused expression.

"You didn't shield your thoughts this time."

i nodded.

"Sara."

My eyes connected with his, unable to leave. It was as if a magnetc force was formed, attracting my eyes to his. I quickly looked away, allowing him to speak.

"Continue."

"I love you."

My eyes widen with disbelief. Am I just dreaming? I mean. He has always looked out for Yuuki and whenever I see him with her, he sends out a loving message through his eyes.

"Sara, I never seen Yuuki in that way. To me she's my little sister."

"But what about the times when I needed your help when she framed me? You were never there for me. Since she was born, your visits became less often and you always stick to her like a overly protective guard dog. And I was all alone."

"Sara... I... I'm so sorry."

I lifted myself off the bed and went for the door before he could stop me. 

"What about the time when you agreed to be engaged with her? You know that was when I needed you the most, right?" I whispered, loud enough for him to hear.

.

.

I strolled around the school grounds in the school uniform I had yet changed out of. Fan girls spotted me and started squealing, causing my ear drums seem to pop out of my ar and going back again. I kept composed and continued walking. Further ahead was what I interpret as horse stables.  Thinking that may be the best spot to cool myself down. I have always been a fan of animals. They're friendly and was always there for me. Back in the Kuran state, I remember always going into the gardens to see the birds fly by. Some chirped at me to say "Hello" and some landed on my arms and shoulders. They were my friends. My closest friends before Ichiru and Zero came in. 

The horses were beautiful. They flipped their mane to show off their gorgeous hair to the males who were jogging by. One of them noticed me before all of their attentions were gathered at me. Their eyes scanned up and down my body. They neighed to greet me, telling me that they have accepted my greetings. Since young, I always had the company of animals. I was once told by one of the vampires I had came across to tell me that I have a sweet smell that makes the animals love me. It's a special talent that only the... The... What was it again? 

I came up to one of the horses, who had a shiny black suit covering her body. Her matching black mane with her mesmeric eyes made me want to call her the Black Beauty. She neighed happily, which gave me the fact that I had spoken my thoughts aloud.

"You like that name don't you?"

She nuzzeled her nose to my neck, making me giggle slightly. I had a good look around the stable and my eyes fell on an astonishing white horse. Her snow white hair drapped over one side of her long neck. My eyes were captured by her beauty and I couldn't stop myself from going closer to her. She seemed alert at first. Tampering about telling me about her discomfort from me coming close to her. She was aware that I was a vampire. But that didn't stop me. I tried to speak sweet words softly like calming a crying baby, walking slowly towards her. She let her guard down slightly and allowed me to get closer to her. 

"It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you."

She stopped moving about and her eyes began to soften, indicating that she was beginning to trust me. I put my hand gently against her creamy mane and stroked the direction it was growing. It seemed to calm her down further more. She moved closer to me, allowing me to pat her neck. She leans down towards me and gently hits my face, telling me she trust me. I was happy. I continued to stroke her mane when someone came in.

"You are not suppose to be here, Night Class!"

Hi! Thanks for reading this story! I had decided to write in first person and have a little experiment and I think I did a better job than expected. I hope you enjoy this little change!

What do you think of the story so far?

What do you think of Sara now that she had returned some of her memories and gained more confidence?

Feel free to leave any comments as it is a great pleasure to read them! Once again thanks for reading! 

Please answer this question: Do you prefer 1st person POV or 3rd Person?