Chapter 3

Italics-Kaname's thoughts
Bold italics-Sara's thoughts

Things have never been the same since that night of Sara's release of power. To be honest, she doesn't really understand it. She had tried to experiment it by testing her abilities and ended up from accidentally breaking windows to wrecking the flowers in the garden, but that's a different story.

Ever since born, Sara has barely given life source energy, from contact with a living being e.g hugs, like most in matured vampires. Although she received hugs from Kaname time to time, it just wasn't enough for a growing vampire like her. In fact, she has given so little that she was physically weak, which is also a major problem since her powers are too big for her to carry. Every day, the staff will be given two pints of fresh blood to drink every meal, however, because she was a child Juri believes that she doesn't need that much blood to maintain the day so Sara would only get half a pint of blood; once in the morning, once in the evening. The amount of blood was not only not enough to last an ordinary young vampire a day, but also is weakening her strength day by day. Occasionally, the kind cook lady will give her an extra source of blood, which also gave her some extra energy for the day, which was extremely helpful considering she was already in the state where she could collapse any moment.

Sara walked down the long hallway, carrying a bucket and a mop, ready to clean the next room. She bumped into Kaname and looked up to meet his worrying yet gentle eyes.
"Are you okay, dear Sara?"
She continued staring at him, remembering the previous night of feeling betrayal. Her eyes suddenly darkened, showing no expression.
"Not to be worried. Kaname-sama."
Kaname's eyes widened with shock and sadness when she said "Kaname-sama", unlike her usual "Kana-nii".
Sara. How can I ask for forgiveness? If only she knows.

He reached hand to caress her cheek tenderly. Her eyes widen as he touch her pale skin. Feelings and scenes from his recent activities flowed into her as she looked up to the saddened mature teen. Suddenly, filled with warmth and concern, she pulled him towards her embrace. Her hand brushing through his raven black hair as he bent down to her level, his arms complete the embrace.
"I forgive you, Kaname. I'm sorry to worry you. I now know that you didn't mean to end it that way. Please don't be upset."
Surprised by her words, especially since it felt like she just read his mind, he leaned his head at the crook of her neck, sniffing her rose-scented hair.
"Sara. Thank you. I love you."

She started to back away to allow Kaname to stand up. He smiled at her warmly and continued to caress her cheek. The silence has been broken when Sara sudden felt light headed with pain stabbing a knife into her brain. She started to lean forward as Kaname caught her just as she lost her conscious.

"Sara!"
He wrapped his arms around her fragile body, which depression has been starting to erode her body. He looked at the unconscious girl. With curiosity desperate to know, he took her into his room, upstairs.

He placed her limp body on his bed, careful not to break her, and removed her hair away from her neck. His fangs extended and pierced through her soft skin. She groaned when she felt the fangs slowly sucking her blood away. Her memories flowed along with her blood as Kaname read them one after the other. Constant screams and shouts occupied her thoughts whilst Kaname walked through her memory hall.

"You're an absolute Disgrace!"

"I wouldn't have kept you in if it wasn't for Kaname."

"Return it, Sara."

"Nobody likes you in this household, why not you just leave and leave me and Kaname-nii-sama alone!"

Maybe I should have left. Kana-nii was only nice to me because I have no one. I know he cares for Yuuki dearly and so he wouldn't even care less if I have disappeared. I have no one. I am unwanted.

Sara. You're wrong. I love you. I really care for you. In fact, I might even love you more than Yuuki. I'm so sorry. but please don't leave me. I love you.

Kaname stopped for a while to give her some of his blood. He wanted to know more if it wasn't for a voice interrupting him.
"Kaname-nii-sama?"