Finale

Shuu at the side

Sara's POV

I wasn't sure whether I know him, however, the way his golden hair was styled; or maybe it was his royal blue eyes, holds a sense of nostalgia. I know him. Do I? He bends down before me on one knee which made Kaname stand next to me in a defence stance.

"Please. I mean no harm." he says in English. Though it's not that fact that interested me. It was the tone of his voice.

"Do I know you?" I replied as he kissed the back of my hand.

He grinned.

"Princess."

Princess. Only one person calls me that. But how?

"I'll explain later. Now, we only have one problem?"

"And what's that? Rido's defeated. What else is there?" Kaname intercepted. He wasn't so happy.

Shuu smiled again; this time towards Kaname.

"Well, it's nice meeting you, Lord Kaname. However, this problem is something I believe only Sara can solve. Rido has not been defeated yet. Not entirely. He's only fallen into a deep sleep. The same way you were before Rido awaken you."

"How did you know that? Who are you exactly?"

Shuu turned to look at me. Gently tucking my hand towards his heart, placing it firmly on his chest. It was as if his skin was quick sand, my hand fell into a warm, glowing light that opened on his chest; making my hand sink within him. The process that had supposedly taken within a few seconds felt as though hours or even days had went by; until I felt something. Something small and contrasted with the warmness of the radiant light. I pulled my hand out, revealing the small crystal gem that was sitting in the palm of my hand. It was this small thing that instantly made me feel powerful. Like I am finally a whole.

"Princess. I may have said that I am part of you but in fact, it was only this tiny shard of crystal that is part of you. The Gem of Light. It is the source of power of the Blue Rose Princess; in other words, it's you're heart."

I looked at the gem, stunned. How could such little thing be the source of my powers or even my heart? 

A droplet of water fell onto the smooth surface of the crystal, making it glow in the process. I looked around to find no source of water. Then where could this water be from? That is when I realized, I was crying. I didn't feel any pain nor did I feel sad. Then why am I crying?

"Princess. It's a natural process. It is not you that is crying. It's you're heart."

My heart? 

Another glow of light was released from the gem, blinding the vampires; who covered their eyes, trying to keep as much of the light away from their sensitive eyes as possible. I, on the other hand, felt the light welcoming. Shuu took grasp of my hands that cradled the gem as the gem lifted up into the air slowly. 

The transfer is starting.

Just like he said, the shard of crystal went into my chest at the speed that even myself, a supposedly powerful vampire, cannot see. 

It was then my life felt complete. The hole in my chest started to heal; even if it was just a tiny bit, it felt like I have taken a big step forwards. Never had I felt so light, so full. Even if the physical me was incapable of smiling, I could feel a burden lift from my hollow chest. I finally feel and recognize emotions that I have never felt before. Joy, excitement, nervousness, timid, shyness. 

Princess.

I turned to look at Shuu. But he looked different. And it was not in a good way.