Chapter 2: Drinks, strippers, men & surprises

I ordered vodka as I remembered hearing that it was one of the strongest drinks. It was a drink that made you forget, which was perfect for me right now. Looking around, I wasn't sure what to think about what I was doing.

❞Rough day?❞ The bartender asked as he put the drink in front of me.

❞Rough life.❞ I hinted, looking straight at the drink before grabbing it and drinking it all at once.

My eyes scrunched and my mouth puckered as I tasted the bitter drink. The cold liquid  was running down my throat, and slowly, I found it quite good, even though it was bitter. I ordered one more.

❞Hey Joe, give me a shot and prepare some more already.❞ A young woman sat down beside me and ordered her drink. I looked at her and that's when I saw what she was wearing. She wore a silver, glitter bra and very, very short, black shorts. ❞What ya' looking at rich lady? Is it weird sitting beside a stripper or what?❞ She assumed and looked at me.

❞Excuse me, I did not mean to stare.❞ I confessed and my look went back to my second drink. How rude of me, staring at someone just like that. I guess the drink was already kicking in.

❞Oh, don't talk to me that politely, please.❞ She said as she put down the shot after drinking it. ❞I hate how rich people talk.❞ She added and made a disgusted face.

She had a point. And, it was pretty annoying talking like that all the time.

I drank the second drink and it already felt better than the first one. The stripper looked at me.

❞Okay, okay. Sorry rich lady, I'm just so fucking pissed right now. I lost my job, you know.❞ She admitted, putting her hand around her third shot. ❞And all because of Emma. That bitch.❞ She said and drank her third shot. ❞Just because I punched her in the face because she danced for my customer, they didn't need to kick me out. And tell me to
never come back again.❞

❞Emma really must be a bitch.❞ I said, not caring if I talked politely or not. Firstly, I was getting drunk, secondly I talked to a stripper, and thirdly I didn't care.

❞Wow. I never heard a rich woman talk like that. Go you, sis'. You must've had a really bad day, ha?❞ She assumed.

❞A bad life.❞ The bartender, Joe, said and raised both of his eyebrows.

❞Shut up Joe.❞ The stripper blurted out.

I drank my third drink, before deciding to continue the conversation with the stripper. I mean, I wasn't fully myself and why not, I thought. So, I told her about my husband and the papers I signed. I know, always complaining. The thing was, I didn't even know what I was saying.

❞So, after I signed the ❜unnecessary❜ papers, he looked at me and smiled, saying ❜Thank you for giving me everything you own just like that.❜ and kissed my cheek.❞ I said, ❞And after all these years, I finally decided not to wait for him and go out to have fun.❞ I added, looking at my sixth drink.

❞James is a bitch.❞ The stripper and Joe said together at once.

❞I know.❞ I sighed, before drinking my sixth drink.