Chapter 7: A lot of thinking

Sunday, 9:40 a.m.

Lorenzo

I sat down on the couch, holding the cup of hot coffee in my hands. Last evening got me thinking. Catherine misunderstood everything, which was absolutely not what I wanted. I promised her I would prove her wrong, and I was going to keep my promise.

❞Hey,❞ I walked into Marco's room, he looked up from the children's book he was holding, ❞What do you say about going to the park today?❞

❞That would be fun.❞ He smiled, his deep dimples showing. ❞Can we bring the football and play soccer together?❞ He was excited.

❞Ofcourse, whatever you want Marco.❞

Seeing him smile was probably the best thing I knew. Ofcourse, every parent wants to see their child happy, but when you constantly see your child being concentraded and thinking about unnecessary things that make even them feel bad, it's incredible to see them smile.

❞Daddy?❞ He said before I walked out of his room. ❞I fell asleep faster than usual. I let, or almost let the thoughts flow through my head, I didn't fight against them as much.❞

❞What? Marco, that's amazing!❞ I ran up to him and hugged him tight. ❞I'm so proud of you! So, you do feel a little bit better right?❞

❞I guess a little bit.❞ He replied. ❞Catherine's advice helped, I want to thank her.❞

I felt my lips separating, as I didn't know what to say.

❞Will she come here again, daddy?❞ He added with a smile.

❞If she has time, she surely will.❞ I smiled back at him and took him in my arms again, hoping what I just said would come true.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catherine

I felt myself waking up, but I wanted to continue sleeping. I groaned and stretched out my body, feeling back and neck pain.

❞Catherine, it's 10 a.m., I think it's time for you to get up.❞ James's voice filled my ears and I slowly opened my eyes, just to see him sitting on the couch in front of me.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes intensively.

❞10 a.m.? Oh shit... Wait, how long have you sat there, looking at me?❞

He wore his soft, cotton robe, holding a cup in his hands. Smiling, he placed it on the table and looked back at me.

❞I woke up at 8:30, Martha already made breakfast, I ate it and I've been sitting here for... Thirty minutes, waiting for my sleepy wife to get up.❞ He smiled sarcasticly.

I held my hand on my neck, groaning because of the pain.

❞I told you the bed is way more comfortable but you continue sleeping on this couch. You prefer neck... I mean whole-body-pain and lack of sleep, instead of a comfortable bed with soft sheets and your husband.❞ James said, succeeding with coming on almost every of my morning nerves.