Chapter 13: Strangers

This place was usually used for weddings and big occasions, but ofcourse Blair would use it for a little party. The Liberty Warehouse was dreamy. Cozy lightning with beautiful crystal pendants, elegantly decorated tables and a wonderful view of the clear blue water.

I spotted Blair and Connor talking to some guests. It didn't take long until Blair saw me and James coming in. She smiled widely immediately and excused her and her husband as they rushed towards us. Her big, sparkly dress bounced with every step she took and every part of her silver necklace, that matched perfectly with her silver dress, gleamed. Her brown curls revealed her glittery earrings as they bounced together with her dress.

You could say Blair exaggerated every time she entered a room at an event or party, in her big dresses and expensive jewelry, but she was a lovely woman with a good heart, unlike many in this world. She loved her husband and the happiness in her brown eyes blazed almost every time I saw her.

❞James! Catherine! Welcome!❞ Blair chirped as she approached us.

❞Thank you. You look wonderful, Blair.❞ I complimented as I looked at her.

❞Thank you! You two look lovely tonight! I see you two couldn't agree on the gender-guess.❞ She raised her eyebrows and smiled as she looked at what we were wearing.

James wore a simple, blue suit while I wore an elegant, pink gown. We didn't even talk about this, I just told him about the invite, we got ready and came here together, like we always needed to do. Why we were dressed like we were, was just because James would never put on a pink suit and I couldn't find a fitting, blue gown. It wasn't that serious to us.

❞What can I say, you women can be pretty stubborn sometimes.❞ James jested smiling.

Connor laughed and Blair lightly slapped his chest while she shook her head.

❞Come on Catherine, join us girls. Let the men have their own fun.❞ Blair concluded as she put her arm under mine and led me to the girls' table while our husbands continued to laugh again.

There were so many people that came to the party. Every minute, there was someone more who entered the room. The men were on one side and women were on the other side. It was kind of relieving since I didn't want to sit next to James for the next couple of hours.

As we approached the table, I immediately recognized all the faces that were sitting at it. Elizabeth, who just gave birth to her first baby, Olivia, whom I've seen sneak around with her lover, Jane, who just got her third son, Ella, the sweetheart that still wasn't married, Sophia, whom I was surprised to see since she and her husband always traveled, and all the other women were sitting at the long table.

❞Catherine! I haven't seen you in ages!❞ Jane exclaimed and stood up to hug me.

❞Hi Jane, good to see you. How are your sons?❞ I asked as she hugged me.

She sat back down and sighed, ❞Oh, let's not talk about them.❞ She responded, ❞I get tired as soon as I think of those mischievous, little devils.❞

❞Oh, stop it Jane, your sons are lovely.❞ Blair stepped in.

Ofcourse Jane talked about her children like this. She didn't even like children, she didn't even want to have some. This was a solution to her problems according to her. Her husband wanted to leave her after all. He wanted to build a family. He was younger than Jane, he had more plans for the future and one of his biggest wishes was to have a big family. That guy loved kids. But Jane didn't want him to leave her, after all, he was young, handsome and wealthy.
So this was her solution.