Chapter 3: Eating lies because the heart is hungry

❞Can I go see her now?❞ I asked Sasha who sat alone at the dining table, while the others sat in the living room, talking.

Sasha nodded weakly, giving me a sign to follow after her upstairs. She let me open the door to Daisy's room and
I took one step in to the room.

❞Daisy?❞ I smiled, looking at the little ten-year-old girl who sat on the bed, her comforter covering almost her whole body. She looked at me, giving me a shocking expression. Her beautiful green eyes widened, looking at me.

Sasha tapped my shoulder and I nodded. She went downstairs, closing the door and leaving me alone with Daisy.

❞How are you Daisy?❞ I kept the smile on my face, trying to make her relax.

She looked so different. I mean, it was three years since we talked, ofcourse she would change. We did see each other on family dinners, just sometimes, but we never talked. Daisy always seemed scared. It was like she
wasn't allowed to talk with me.

❞It's okay Daisy. Talk to me.❞ I came closer to her. ❞You can talk to your Caty.❞ I said, making her remember what she always called me because she thought my name was long. She has been calling me Caty since the first time we met. I remember her saying ❜Your name is so long. I want to call you Caty. You are really pretty, just like cats. And I like cats.❜. I never forgot that.

Her glittery eyes filled with tears, but none dripped down her cheeks.

Caty?❞ Her voice cracked.

❞I missed you so much. How are you feeling?❞ I asked, kneeling down beside her bed. She looked like she missed me too, but I didn't want to have high expectations. Maybe she hates me for some reason now, maybe she doesn't even want to see me.

She quickly hugged me tight, my eyes filled with tears.

❞I missed you too, Caty.❞ She affirmed. She stood in front of me, her smile disappearing from her rosy lips. The scared expression was back on her face. ❞But, you can't be with me. I can't talk to you. Caty, you should leave.❞

❞Why?❞ I asked. The words that just came out of her mouth were words that brought me a step closer to why she couldn't talk with me.

❞I-I mean you can. But.. But it's not a good idea. I'm okay. You should go.❞ She stuttered. She thought I would believe what she said, but it was now confirmed that someone didn't let her talk to me.

❞Daisy, calm down. It's okay. We can talk. Nothing bad will-❞ I tried to calm her down, but suddenly the door opened and a manly voice said my name.

We both looked at the person who opened the door. Harry didn't seem so happy about this.

❞Daisy, you should sleep. Catherine, come with me.❞ He said dominantly. His and his brother's voice had so much in common. Dominant, controlling and strict.

❞Dad, it is not her fault. I started to talk with her as I heared her and mom talk near my room. She-She didn't do anyt-❞ Daisy lied, trying to protect me in some way. Her father interrupted her.

❞I said you should sleep, Daisy. You should not talk back to me.❞ He demanded. Daisy got up on her bed again
and I whispered to her.