Epilogue

4 years later

The atmosphere was tense. Everybody was dying to know the results. The judges looked focused, and it was so annoying seeing them but not hearing what they're saying. The blonde man at the far left was mostly nodding, the dour woman in the middle was argumenting, really going in on who should win, and the other man on the right was soon convinced by what she said. The results were determined after a long hour of waiting. We hoped for the best and were there for support the whole time. She deserved to win.

❞Ladies and gentlemen, we have a result.❞ The hostess spoke. ❞After a long contest of different, beautiful and emotional dances, it must have been hard to choose. There are three places, but only one true winner.❞ The tension was real. ❞Judges, what do you say?❞

The judges looked at each other, giving a last nod. There was a winner and we hoped it was her.

The judges finally began to speak, ❞Ofcourse it was hard to choose,❞ The lovely woman said. ❞All dances were so emotional, so beautiful and interesting to watch and experience the stories behind them. But,❞ She continued, the audience being all ears. ❞The chosen three are the ones that succeeded with every part, every detail and made us really live into the story.❞

They waited a minute, and the tension only grew thicker and thicker. The dancers were all nervous, out of breath and hoping and praying for the best. Their looks never left the judges, they didn't even look at the audience. They tried to somehow, find out the results already.

❞The third place goes to...❞ The hostess spoke again.

The minute felt like hours.

❞Leonie von Abegglen!❞

The brunette girl in the beautiful lime-green, flowy dress stepped out and stood up on the third place.

❞The second place goes to...❞ The hostess narrated.

❞Aria Washington!❞ Another judge said.

The applauses were so loud, echoing through the whole room, filled with thousands of people. We looked at each other and he took my hand in his, squeezing it tightly and hoping we would see our winner.

❞And now, what we've all been waiting for... The first place.❞ The hostess said, smirking at the audience.

The woman in the jury stood up, ❞The first place goes to someone very special. This young woman has succeeded with getting her story just... Stuck in my mind and experience it with her through the dance and the music. It was such a powerful performance, telling every part of the story, both happy and painful.❞ She declared. ❞The first place goes to...❞

There was no sound to be heard. Everybody waited for the reveal of the winner, and the poor young women that stood in a line were getting so emotinal, shutting their eyes snd hoping the next name the judges shouted out, would be their. It wasn't an easy contest. In fact, all performances were great. Many of them caused me to take out a tissue and dry the tears in my eyes.

❞The winner is...❞ She spoke again, ❞Flora Pinnock with the song ❜Dancing Queen❜!❞

She jumped out in suprise and happiness, covering her mouth while tears flooded down her face. She looked beautiful in her thin, red dress and I couldn't forget her gentle, yet powerful moves on the big stage. Everybody applauded loudly, even some whistles could be heard.