Chapter 14: Edwards

When I came back in, I saw that everyone was standing and Blair and Connor were about to reveal the gender.

❞As everyone knows, me and my beautiful wife are pregnant.❞ Connor began to speak and Blair smiled, looking up at him, ❞I am an incredibly lucky man to have this woman by my side,❞ Putting his hand on Blair's waist, he pulled her closer to him, ❞And I can't even describe how lucky I am about getting a child with the woman I love the most.❞

Connor teared up, while some of Blair's tears already managed to slide down her cheek. She quickly wiped them away,

❞I am as lucky as you are.❞ She whispered as she looked him into the eyes.

Connor smiled, before he turned around and shouted,  ❞Reveal it!❞

Pink confetti fell down on everyone in the room. All the guests applauded, the happiness on Blair's and Connor's face was priceless. They hugged each other tightly, excited to have a children of their own.

I was truly happy for them, they were a wonderful couple. The love and happiness always shone in their eyes when they were together. And now, they were expecting a child. It was like watching your friend's dreams come true right in front of you. They deserved it.

❞I am so happy for you two. I hope your daughter becomes as beautiful as her mother, and as loving as her father.❞
I expressed and Blair hugged me in surprise.

❞Thank you, Catherine. You're a wonderful friend.❞ She replied as she pulled out of the hug.

❞Congratulations.❞ I looked at them, smiling.

❞Thank you.❞ They both expressed.

I walked out and stopped at the exit to take a deep breath. I let the cold caress my face for just a while, before I walked through. Ofcourse, it didn't take long until James appeared besides me.

❞You can't just be without your husband like this, it will spread rumors.❞ He whispered.

❞I don't care.❞ I simply said.

Catherine.❞ He stopped, but I didn't. ❞Catherine, our chauffeur is this way!❞ He pointed at the other direction.

When he noticed that I truly didn't care, he walked fastly up to me and stood in front of me, blocking my way.

❞I'm not coming home with you tonight.❞

His eyes widened and his mouth went open. When he realized what he was looking like right now,
he put himself together.

❞Ofcourse you are, come here.❞ He said calmly and put his hand on my lower back.

❞I said I'm not coming with you.❞ I stepped away from him.

I could almost swear, I saw a bit of sadness in his eyes. Or was it regret? His jaw went slack. He exhaled as he looked down and his nose crinkled. He was realizing I meant what I said. He looked back up and relaxed his face.

Please.❞ He pleaded quietly as he looked deep in my eyes.

The moonlight shone in his dark blue eyes, making them sparkle. The eyes I used to look into and tell him I loved him. He pressed his lips together as his nostrils flared. I felt a little guilty seeing him like this.