Chapter 6: Feelings & promises

James

Thomas, Harrison and Theodore just kept talking and talking about their suggestions for the restaurant. All I could think of was what I said to Catherine at 4 a.m.

❞James, what do you think?❞ Thomas asked and showed me some pictures.

It were pictures of decorations, how we could decorate the restaurant for the winter season. I didn't care, Catherine cared about such stuff, I cared about the money.

❞It's too much.❞ I spoke, ❞All the patterns, colours, glitter. It's just the winter season, nothing special. Let's just put a christmas tree in the corner when it's Christmas.❞

❞But James, understand that it's the best restaurant in the country. Ofcourse the food is most important, but it needs to look luxurious and nice in the restaurant too. People get bored when it always looks the same.❞ Harrison interjected.

Hearing keys turn and open the door, everybody looked at Catherine who just walked in. The men stood up and fixed their suits as they saw my wife, in a red coat that was opened, revealing her leopard-blouse with a deep cut, showing her cleavage. The long, red skirt matched her look and showed her light curves that were hightlighted with the thin,
black belt. She never looked this good when she was at work.

❞Oh,❞ She said with a surprised look on her face, probably because she forgot I had a meeting today.

❞Good day, Mrs. Richmond.❞ The men greeted her.

❞Good day, sorry for disturbing, I forgot about the meeting.❞

❞We were just about to get going, shall we, gentlemen?❞ Theodore said and they walked towards the door, their look never leaving my wife which made me clench my jaw.

I sat there, leaned back on the couch, with the glass of white wine in my hand, watching Catherine. She was taking off her coat, revealing her whole outfit. This woman was damn sexy. But, I wasn't common seeing her like this, she never cared about what she wore, especially not to her job.

Her black heels fell of her feet as she shook them, taking her leather purse. She seemed worried and thoughtful. I watched her body as she walked passed me, her breasts bouncing with every step she took, her hips moving elegantly.

She was different. Confident, sexy, all dressed up, elegant. I never saw her body look this good, even though she had clothes on. She was always boring, weak and unsure. One of the reasons why I slept with other women was because of it, mostly because Catherine got boring. Always wearing her work uniform, her hair always being wavy,
her body never being enough.

Now, her big, golden curls formed her face perfectly, her clothes justified her body, her confidence making me want her again. I liked how Catherine got weak under my touch, but it was boring that she never did something against it. Now that I see her almost as a different woman, my blood boils every time I see someone look at her.
I wanted to be the one she wanted.

❞How was your day?❞ I asked as she walked past me, to the kitchen, my gaze following her moving ass in the tight skirt.

She snorted, looking back at me, ❞Like you care.❞

She turned back to the counter. My gaze was still on her body. I wanted her. And she was about to want me again.

❞Last night,❞ I spoke, she stood still and stopped chopping the vegetables. ❞I was drunk.❞