Chapter 8: Stories behind us

After a friday full of work, there was a late meeting in the restaurant left. We all sat down in the meeting room and brought up all the papers. I was tired, exhausted, but this was a common thing. Work and meetings.
There was never enough of them.

❞So, what have you concluded so far?❞ Connor asked us politely.

James gave me a quick glance, and I understood what he meant immediately. He didn't do anything concerning the restaurant, I did all the work. When I was done with everything, he just went through the papers so
when we had this meeting, it would seem like we did it together.

❞Christmas is a special holiday. Thinking of Christmas, you often think of how cozy that holiday is. Green and red colours everywhere, lots of lights, baubles and ofcourse..❞

❞A big Christmas tree. And snowman-decorations perhaps.❞ James interjected and added a pleased smile.

❞So how would you want the lights and baubles to look? Where would we put them?❞ Sylvia asked.

James was looking for the right papers and slided them to the others to see. They were impressed
after seeing the sketches.

❞Impressing.❞ Theodore said. ❞When should we put everything up?❞

I smiled widely as they expressed liking my ideas for everything. I was staying up late just to come up with some Christmas decorations. But I wouldn't say I didn't like it. It was one of my favourite things to do actually.
Decorating and furnishing for different holidays, seasons and events.

❞Well, since it's twenty days left to Christmas, we thought they could be up in five days.❞ James explained.

❞Sounds good. It will be done then.❞ Harrison claimed.

After about an hour of discussing further and almost falling asleep, everybody decided that it was time to end this meeting. I couldn't have been happier. While James talked to some of the gentlemen, I went to take my coat.

❞Please, let me.❞ Harrison said as he took my coat and helped me put it on in a polite gesture.

❞Oh, thank you.❞ I said.

I didn't expect him to just stand in front of me smiling, after he helped me put my coat on. It felt kind of weird,
but I was too tired to think of it that much.

❞Your ideas were really impressing.❞ He mentioned and I just gave him a nod in response. ❞You're a really
smart woman, Catherine.❞

I managed to smile, ❞Thank you, Harrison.❞

Thinking the coversation was now over, I started walking to James so we could go home,
but Harrison put his hand on my shoulder as soon as I turned around.

❞Wait.❞ He said and smiled once again. ❞I would want you to come to my house sometime, you know..
For a cup of coffee or something.❞ He smirked.

I felt myself frown a bit as my head processed what he just said. Harrison was much older than me. He was a married man with two grown-up children. He wasn't bad-looking, he just had some wrinkles here and there. His brown hair always so slicked back that it was shining brighter than his golden tooth.