rum & coke

"So then he told me to stop and I was like 'nah, don't tell me what to do, ya know?"

"Uh huh--"

"Because who even does that--"

"Yup."

"It's rude as hell..."

Robert was not one to complain much, no, he wasn't, but there was something about people who liked to talk their heads off and not realize you weren't even interested in the slightest.

He also knew William was disrespectful for even suggesting this.

"Emily!" he grinned sarcastically, interrupting another one of her ex boyfriend type stories, "I'm not interested in this anymore."

"What?" the young woman frowned, curling a blonde piece of hair around her ear, "why--"

"The only thing I've said is 'my name is Robert.' That was twenty minutes ago. I can't listen to this anymore, I'm about to go jump off a bridge because of you."

"You're rude, Billy!"

"It's Bobby, you Great Value Tomi Lahren," he made a face and walked away, not bothering to address what she said while he was leaving. Bobby spotted his best friend Will sitting in a booth with his long term girlfriend, Jelisa. He sat down beside her and glared across the table at his friend.

"How'd it go?" Will asked in amusement.

"I can't get that time back, Will. And what did I tell you about white girls? I don't want them, nigga."

"Well--"

"You're supposed to be my wingman, Will--"

"Okay, okay," he sat up and stroked his beard, "to tell you the truth, I didn't see anyone here worth your time."

"This is true," Jelisa chimed in, "some of these girls are like, not even in your league. Meaning, they are not match for a man like yourself."

"They don't have real goals and morals. They're kinda trashy. Some of them have obvious leave out."

"And if you can't secure the wig you can't even be secure in your relationships," Jelisa high fived William because they said almost the same thing at the same time...again.

"You guys are gross. And I wanna be gross."

"In due time. Maybe the place down the street has some honies for you."

"Maybe," Bobby sighed, staring at the table. For two years, he had been going through a very emotional phase in his life and now, all he wanted to do was be whole again. Getting back on the dating scene was weird since he felt like his past relationship was basically a sure thing. He planned on getting married.

Right now, Bobby felt out of place, especially since his best friend was very happily in love and he knew exactly how that felt. He wasn't mad that almost everything tied back to his girlfriend when they spoke, no. He was mad that his own soulmate wasn't here anymore.

"Drink this, Bob," Jelisa scooted a small glass of alcohol his way.

"What is it?"