wigs & penthouses

"Bobby, hey," Reneé, Sanai's hairstylist, answered her door with a smile, "I'm almost done, come in."

"New place, I see," he stepped in and looked around at her newly furnished home, "I like it."

"Thank you, man," she led him into her kitchen that had beautiful stainless steel appliances and shiny marble countertops. And also a lil' snack sitting in a chair, scrolling on her phone.

"Okay, hair!" Bobby gassed her, making her look up in confusion before smiling hard, "this is cute as hell."

"Really?" Sanai asked, sliding her phone in a pocket.

"For real. Like," he looked at the top of her head, "what lace?"

"Wait, stop," she giggled, a hand over her mouth, "stop, I'm getting hype right now."

He chuckled, kissing the top of her head and sitting at the island counter. "It didn't take long, I see."

"Not really. We took a small break, too."

"Bobby, where's my Popeyes?" Reneé asked abruptly, "out here starving."

"It's in the car, I definitely forgot to grab it," he got back up, "this brand new ass house you should have some fucking food."

"Shut up!" She yelled as he left once agin, grabbing the bag of food and returning to the house, "is there honey in there?"

"Yeah. I got extra."

"Bet. Set it on the stove please."

"Got you."

"So, I hear someone's thinking of leaving the country?" Reneé started, straightening a strand of the wig she installed on Sanai's head, "the fuck y'all goin'?"

"We actually have a flight at two," Sanai said with her eyes closed, "checking up on my place out there and stuff."

"Sis it's eleven thirty," Reneé looked at them both pointedly, "supposed to have been over there."

"I'm busy, Reneé," she snorted, "I have to look cute."

"You always look cute, babe," Bobby said, looking through Reneé's fridge for something to eat.

"Thanks, sweets."

"Bobby, if my husband comes home and sees just one Diet Coke missing, it's your head."

"Ty is a grown ass man, he needs to relax. Tell him I go to the gym too and I know how to fight," he snapped open the can and sat back down.

"That's why he doesn't like you," Sanai giggled.

"Stop!" Reneé whined, "he likes you, Bobby. You're just too much. Ty is always calm and level and Bobby is...not."

"I'm too extra for him," Bobby shrugged, "it's cool."

"No...he doesn't like you," Sanai said.

"And even if that was true, nerd, I'm still gon' be around."

"That's true, because I'm gonna always come back to get my hair done."

"Aw," Reneé smiled, running her hands through Sanai's new hair, "done."

"Ooh," Sanai got up and jogged into the half bathroom across from them, turning the light on. Bobby and Reneé heard her scream and Reneé grinned, sort of gassed because yes, she did that. "Oh, bitch."

"Do you like it—"

"My hair is so long!" she came back out, grinning from ear to ear, "how long is this hair?"