rehearsals & weddings

It was a day before Jelisa's wedding day.

It was a day before Jelisa's wedding day and Bobby was nervous. He hadn't seen his friends in person in months. Living overseas was difficult because of the five hour difference in time zones and the fact that Bobby was in charge of an entire building now.

It had been exactly five months since he got there to look at the building, and he hadn't been back to the States since. He packed clothes for the week, and just kept buying more. He had asked William and Jelisa to send some of his things—and he felt bad because he didn't tell them how long he was going to be there.

Currently, Bobby and Sanai were leaving from their hotel in Maryland to attend the rehearsal dinner for the bridal party. Bobby was of course the best man and Sanai was a bridesmaid. She was surprised because it had only been a year since they all met and and Jelisa loved her that much.

Sanai sat in the passenger seat of her car, looking out the window. Unlike Bobby, she actually left a lot of things behind and didn't bother shipping anything since the place in England already had stuff in it. They planned on being in the States for a few weeks to get it all sorted.

Bobby blinked his eyes slowly, watching the road. He wasn't tired per se, but jet lag wasn't a joke and they got here two days ago. Also, his nerves with the wedding made it so he couldn't sleep as well.

"I wonder if this place has french fries,"
Sanai muttered, crossing her legs and letting out a little yawn.

"Probably not, babe," he chuckled, "I think it's a little too bougie for that."

"Ugh. I need some grease in my life. That dumb ass diet got me feening for shit I don't even eat."

"Bro yesterday was wild," he laughed, "you wanted smothered pork chops. I was so scared."

"Ugh," she gagged, "disgusting. At least I can fit in my dress again. We fell off on our gym dates babes."

"We did. I'm getting a lil' tummy."

"I mean, at least your tux still fit."

"I guess so," he pulled into the lot of the restaurant, finding a spot towards the back since the lot was almost full. He got out and opened the car door for Sanai, closing it after.

"Do I look whorish?" she asked, switching her slides for black pumps. She wore a black, strapless dress with a slit going up her entire thigh as the hem stopping right below her kneees. Bobby's favorite part was the slit on the side, and since the company she ordered it from sent her one that was two sizes smaller, it get every single curve of her body.

"Nah, I don't think so," he replied, looking at the shape of her body, "come on."

"This blazer looks so good on you, baby," she praised as they walked towards the restaurant hand in hand, "who picked it out?"

Bobby rolled his eyes at her and didn't say anything.

"Nigga, who?"

"You, damn. So aggy, mane."

"I know," she giggled, thanking him when he held the door open for her, "I really hope they have fries, man."

"Probs not. Hi," Bobby greeted the hostess, "we're here for a rehearsal dinner reservation?"

"The Colemans?"

"Mhm."

"I'm sorry do you lot have french fries?" Sanai asked her.

"We do," the hostess laughed.

"You ow me," she told Bobby.

"I always lose," they followed the woman towards the back near the private party rooms, "thank you."