rubik's cubes & cartier bracelets

Sanai was so happy.

She was happy because her boyfriend was happy. She was happy because she found the love of her life. She was happy that he wanted to commit to her and their life was going great. Her career was going up and so were her appearance rates. She was happy for the exposure and opportunities she gained while in the United States, and maybe she'd move back one day, but not any time soon.

Her happiness was radiating off her everyday. Her skin cleared up, her hair flourished—she had a deep fascination for wig installs now—and her body snapped back with defined abs and thick thighs to match.

Her mood was contagious, because Bobby was the same. In the few short months of relocating overseas, he found excitement behind all the homesickness his hometown and friends gave him. One thing about him was that he liked change. He liked new opportunities and taking risks—see how he jumped and moved to North Carolina with his best friend then England with his girl?—and he absolutely loved Sanai unconditionally.

Yes, he was going to miss mom...and Will...and Lisa...and his dad of course. Maybe his favorite local seafood joint in Maryland wasn't in Manchester, and maybe he'd have to rely on WhatsApp or FaceTime to contact his people. But, he was grown as hell, twenty five years old, and he wanted to spend his new life with someone he was completely happy with.

Sanai. Oh, Sanai. She was the missing piece of the puzzle, the best thing that ever happened to him...ever. He was proud to be her boyfriend, and he was delighted that she gave him the time of day. No one liked a depressed boy trying to cope from a dead ex. No one really liked someone as confident yet anxious and sexually fluid as Robert Yeboah. No one gave bisexual black boys a chance.

Except Sanai.

He was currently awake in bed on a bright sunny Friday morning, his eyes trained on the ceiling fan in their bedroom. His breathing was steady, the wind created from the fan blades tickling his bare skin. He blinked a few times, trying to rest and stay put until his girlfriend woke up from her sleep.

Sanai was curled up beside him, her naked chest touching the side of his torso as she hugged his waist and rested her head on his chest. The new blue bonnet she acquired—finally—was on perfectly despite last night's events, and her new lashes rested perfectly on her soft cheeks, flushed from sleep.

He loved her so much.

But he had to pee.

Just then, Sanai sighed deeply and turned over, her nose crinkling slightly as she put her back to him and began her light snoring once again. He quickly got up before she did anything else, knowing it was now or never before she'd turn back around and wake up.

"Bobby?"

"Yeah?" he called back, shaking his head, because sometimes he wasn't slick enough.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he washed his hands thoroughly before wiping them off and turning the bathroom light off, "you?"

"Mhm," she yawned tiredly, lying on her stomach and being conscious of Nelz, Bobby's now sixty five pound Bullmastiff baby girl, who was sleeping at the edge of the bed.

He slid back in bed and pulled the covers up while she quickly hugged him again before he could do anything. His deep chuckle vibrated against her eardrum and she smiled. "What are we doing today?"

"Nothing."

"Sounds great to me."

"...Actually—"