hot showers & enchiladas

"Caw caw! Wake up, Robert!"

He blinked, turning over in the bed and groaning at the red hue being shown in his eyelids. He huffed out a breath and squinted his eyes more, trying to get the slight ringing out of his ears.

"Bobby!"

"Ay, shut yo' ass up," he sat up abruptly, squinting at Jelisa, who decided to make it her mission and get on his nerves. She stood near the bed, grinning at him. "Go on somewhere."

"I made you some food, come on, Robert."

When she reached for the curtains he groaned. "You better fucking not."

"Huh?" she opened the curtains, letting light come through.

"Girl fuck you," he got up and left their guest room, making his way downstairs. William was sitting at the kitchen table, scrolling through his phone a drink from a mug that read "#1 Dad." Bobby knew that was from Jelisa and he almost threw up.

"Robert," William watched the other man sit across from him, "how you feeling?"

"Good, actually. Not that bad. You tryna be funny?"

"Always."

Jelisa entered the kitchen and went to the stove. "Bobby, do you like enchiladas?"

"I don't know," he shrugged, "I can't remember the last time I had one."

"I saved you some breakfast, but since it's two in the evening I got lunch too."

"Gimme both," he replied, putting his head on the table. "Y'all."

"What's up?" Will prompted.

"Why am I like this?"

"Like what?"

"I get sad, I drink, and wake up the next day sad and sober. I think I'm turning to alcoholism, that's why I almost died on my birthday."

"I mean..." Jelisa trailed off, setting his plate in don't of him. He thanked her. "No problem. I just think the way you're handling stuff is trash. You're not trash."

"Right. So, instead of alcohol, do meth." William answered wth a smirk.

"You see my skin color? Grow up, William."

He laughed. "No, but. I dunno. There's actually a lot of shorties in North Carolina, and then there's not, so I'm kinda conflicted."

"I don't see many," Bobby said, chewing on his bacon.

"Stop looking for a Moriah, Bobby," Jelisa told him, raising a brow because that's exactly what he was doing, "you know better. Stop looking for copies, find an original."

"I know, it's just wild because she was my type in every way possible."

"You can find your type in many different ways, man. There's plenty of fish in the sea."

"I'm allergic to seafood," he lied.

"But not fish. Shut up," she slapped his shoulder and sat down next to William, "babe."

"Babe," he acknowledged her, drinking from his mug. She grinned at it.

"Hideous," Bobby mumbled while eating. Jelisa laughed, pushing her own food around on the plate. "What are y'all doing today?"

"Well, I'm going to orientation at four," William said.

"And I'm going to a job interview at five," Jelisa replied, "I'm really excited. And thanks for putting a word in, Bobby."