scruffy beards & quesadillas

Bobby hadn't left his house in approximately three days.

His work schedule was very flexible -- he was popular -- so not going to the office didn't hinder his work ethic in the slightest.

What did ruin it, however, was the fact that he was in a depressive mood. For some reason, Moriah came up in his mind every time he thought about Sanai, and that was frequently. It was like, Moriah wasn't trying too let Bobby live. He wanted to let go of these feelings so he could try with Sanai, but again, Moriah was at the front of his mind.

Bobby sat on his couch, staring blankly at the TV with his hands in his pockets. He was mentally exhausted, dark circles under his eyes and the most scruffiest beard he'd ever left unkempt in his life.

"I was rooting for you! We were all rooting for you! How dare you! Learn something from this!"

He didn't even chuckle. And this was one of his favorite shows.

His phone rang on the table so he reached for it, not looking who was calling. "Hello?"

"Bro," William replied with a sigh of relief, "wassup? Where you been?"

"Back on my bullshit, as always," he griped, playing with a string on his sweatpants.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"I do not," he muttered sadly, "it's better that way."

"I'm finna come over, Bobby, you're scaring me."

"Okay."

"Alright gimme thirty minutes."

"Bye," he hung up and slouched even deeper in the couch, "damnit," he got up and went into the bathroom.

Bobby's appearance wasn't his usual, so he thought he should at least look like he was okay. He trimmed his beard a little and kept the durag on. He had to exfoliate, deeply cleanse, moisturize all over again, the whole bit. Just because he was a mess didn't mean his skin had to be.

Bobby tidied up his condo a little -- he always stayed relatively clean -- and decided to eat something that wasn't Cap'n Crunch.

William arrived about thirty minutes later, food in his hand. Bobby was particularly excited about that since he barely ate anything.

"Hello, nigga," William pushed him when he took the bag of food and walked away, "what going on with you, Robert?"

"Life," Bobby set the bag down and opened it, "what's this?"

"I don't know, Lisa just put food in there and told me to give it to you."

"That's nice of her," he opened the container and marveled at the homemade quesadillas inside, still warm, "I'm 'bout to cry."

"What is it?"

"Quesadillas," he replied in the most ignorant way possible, making Will roll his eyes, "ooh, and some steak. Y'all had steak last night?"

"We did."

"Sweet," Bobby could cook for himself, yes, but his friends always thought about him living alone -- which wasn't a bad thing -- and Jelisa still not having a job was getting to her, so she didn't really have much else to do.

"So, tell me what's wrong," William urged while Bobby was munching on a quesadilla. He stopped chewing. "What?"

"I'm torn."

"What happened to that girl you told me about? Sanai?"

He swallowed his food and sighed. "She's cool, I just...it's not her, for real, it's me. I'm garbage."