lunch & reality tv

"It's real estate, man," Bobby stated simply, cutting up his steak and shrugging indifferently.

"I know, but there's none around here," William replied.

"Yeah, but it's just something to do, that's why I do it," he replied, taking a bite of food and looking at his best friend. It was William's lunch break and Bobby was headed into his own job for a few sales, so they decided to meet up.

"Ah," he nodded in understanding.

"I mean, North Carolina has more real estate than people realize anyway. The cost of these houses is cheaper than ones I've dealt with since the cost of living is so different."

"How do you sell that?"

"Just tell them what they wanna hear. 'You can definitely replace the gas stove with electric if you want.' 'Change the floor tiling.' Dumb shit. The only thing I can't change is traditional shit. Like this Asian couple went on a house tour wth me and something with the address was off. It's a number thing."

"Your grandma is like that, right?"

"Hell yeah! She be feelin' evil spirits and shit. She reads my palms every time we see each other. I brought her when I bought the condo to see what I was getting into and if she can get it out. She cleared the place and I feel so much better."

"Speaking of which," William squinted his eyes at him, "what's the fucking address to your place?"

Bobby laughed. "Can't tell you yet, it's not fully furnished." That may be true, but honestly Bobby didn't want William walking into his condo while he was having a breakdown over his dead girlfriend. It wasn't a good look.

William groaned, leaning back in his chair. "Always so difficult."

"Always," Bobby continued to eat, "so what's up with your job? You like it?"

"It's not head coach but it's entertaining. They really area bomb college team."

"Nigga, stats don't lie, whatchu thought?"

"Yeah, but to see it in action leaves you in shambles," William frowned, "what the fuck, I'm turning into my girlfriend."

"That's fascinating," he laughed, stirring his alcohol before taking a sip, "anyway, I wanna get your opinion on something."

"Shoot."

"So, I brought Moriah's s--"

"No," William interrupted with a straight face, "Bobby, what I tell you about that?"

"But--"

"No, you said you were gonna try. Don't hang those pictures and shit up, man. It's only gonna hold you back."

"But--"

"But what?"

"I don't want it to seem like I forgot about her," he replied solemnly, "like--"

"You're not," William furrowed his brows at his friend, "that's not it. In order for you to move on, you need to stop keeping things like this. It's cool to have little pieces of her to remember but if you're truly trying to find someone else, leave it alone."

Bobby groaned, slouching in his seat. He knew William was right, which was why he was a little salty about leaving Moriah's things alone.