diana & diana

"Yo' phone is ringing, dingbat!"

"Answer it," Sanai snapped out of her daydream and took the mic off the stand. She was currently rehearsing for tonight's show with her team, they had a few hours until it was time but she had a lot of things to do before it started.

"Oh, mama, Diana!" Marielle answered the FaceTime call with a wide grin, "how's my favorite mama?"

"Mata, you are glowing as always!" Sanai's mother told her friend, "haven't seen you in ages."

"Lies, you saw her yesterday!" Sanai yelled, approaching Mata and looking at her phone screen, "I saw your Instastory, mum."

"Oh, I'm on speaker?" Diana gave them a "yikes" face and looked away, "hi, sweetie."

"Yeah, yeah. Where's Bobby?"

"He's looking at shoes," she replied, scanning the store, "we're in Selfridges."

"You don't even like—"

"He wanted to come in. Apparently he likes Jimmy Choo—"

"No, he doesn't—lemme see him," Sanai frowned and took the phone from Mata, "I swear to God—"

"What I tell you about that?" Diana scolded, walking towards Bobby, "Robert, my daughter wants a word with you."

"Tell her to—"

"Bobby!" Sanai yelled, "if you're buying me shoes—"

"I am, mind your business."

"Bobby—"

"May I see that?" he took the phone from Diana and rolled his eyes, "I'm getting stuff for me, too. I barely shop."

"Because you have so much already, stupid," Sanai tapped the mic to make sure the sound was on, "what are you getting?"

"Well, I got some new Aguas," he grinned, referring to the brand Balenciaga, "and I got you some Jimmy Choo."

"Ooh, which ones?"

"You'll see," he replied with raised brows, "also, do you like...hold on," he picked up a shoe and read the designer's name, "Gianvito Rossi?"

"Yeah, they be cute," she replied, sitting on the stage floor and watching him in fascination.

"Well, your mom does, so. I got her some of those."

"Oh you got money, huh?" she put a hand to her chest.

"I mean," he put a hand up and licked his lips, pursing them to keep from smiling, "I'on know, man. You tell me."

"You're so handsome and annoying," she huffed.

"Is I'm?" he played, "also, nah. I'm gonna tell you later."

"Tell me what?"

"Oh no, shorty. You gotta wait."

"What's a shorty?" Diana asked from beside him.

"Um..." Bobby's eyes widened slightly, "uh..."

"It's nasty?"

"No, no," he chuckled.

"It's really nasty, mum," Sanai giggled at her shocked face.

"No, it's not!" Bobby covered the camera, "don't listen to her she's stupid."

Diana snorted, "lowkey."

"Robert! Stop teaching her stuff!" Sanai laughed, "stop."

"I'm gonna teach her some more. Bye!" he hung up and she groaned, lying back on the hard stage floor.