Chapter 2 ● The Day They Ran Into Each Other

Juan's POV

I shut my locker and head toward the stairs.

I make my way up to the first level of the gym and immediately start toward the row machine in the middle of the room that just became available. When I sit down after having cleaned it, I spot Eva across the room grabbing tissue to wipe a machine down too.

I follow her with my eyes and spot her getting on an eliptical machine, earphones in and ignoring the guy next to her that tries to flirt.

I go back to my own workout and fifteen minutes later, I get up and decide to say hi to Eva.

I make it to the front of the machine so she can see me and offer her a smile. She gives me one back excitedly and takes her earbuds out to greet me.

"Hey," she smiles and I catch the guy next to her roll his eyes before leaving his machine mid workout.

"How's it going?" I ask.

"Good," she nods. "A tad sweaty though, didn't wanna have to see you again like this."

"No more balcony work outs?" I joke and she smiles some more.

"I didn't know you come here," she stops her machine and gets off.

I walk on over to her side of the row and begin to agree.

"I have for over a year now," I nod. "But I would've remembered seeing you here," I look her up and down.

"I just started coming here the beginning of this week," Eva explains.

"Checks out," I nod and we stay there silently for a second.

"So," she begins to touch my arm. "What do these mean?" I look down at the sleeve of tattoos she's inquiring about.

"I'd love to tell you over dinner," I flirt.

"Smooth," she smiles. "I'll tell you what. Give me your number and maybe we can go out on a date later on. I'm not one for dinner, though. Drinks?"

"Drinks sound even better," I smirk down at her. "You have Instagram too?"

"Of course," she smiles before passing me her phone.

"So I was gonna get out of here in about half an hour," I begin. "Wanna walk back home together after?"

"I'd like that," Eva smiled at me.

○○○

I shut the lights off in the bathroom before turning left to go into Felipe and Melissa's bedroom.

It was almost ten at night now and I got into bed, remembering that I was set to pick them up at the airport tomorrow morning.

I disconnect my phone from the charger and check my work email first. I get a notification from Instagram saying Eva finally allowed me to follow her and requested me back.

When I get to her page I start scrolling through all her photos.

Bikini photos. Night out. Working out. Photos with her other hot friends.

Thirst trap after thirst trap.

I take note of her thousands of followers and feel a bit inadequate before getting a text from Felipe reminding me what time I had to be at the airport tomorrow.

○○○

"How is it possible you both got tanner?" I ask the couple when they get in my car.

"The beach does that," Melissa smiles before leaving a kiss on my cheek from the backseat.

"How was the apartment?" Felipe asks.

"And Manolo," Meli adds.

"He's great," I reply. "Apartment too. Such a nice place guys. How'd you even find it?"

"My friends told me the apartment next to theirs was empty," Melissa starts.

"The girls next door?" I question. "Antonella and Eva?"

"You met them?" Felipe asks.

"Well, I was bound to," I say before looking back over to Melissa in the rear view mirror.

"Yeah, they told me before it went up online and Felipe signed the lease the next week."

"Really nice," I repeat nod my head.

○○○

I was sat on Felipe and Melissa's couch with Manolo just waiting.

"Ready?" Felipe asks me and I nod before standing up.

"Ready for what?" Melissa comes out of the bedroom right after him.

"We're gonna go get some lunch," Felipe turns around and answers.

"I'm not hungry at all," Melissa furrows her eyebrows. "Thanks for asking."

"I was gonna bring you something back, babe," he says.

"While I unpack everything by myself?"

"It'd be much appreciated," he nodded before getting an eye roll back.

"Bye, Meli," I say before going in for a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye, Juan," she says, not taking her eyes off Felipe. "Don't forget to give him the envelope," she warns him. "Thanks for everything."

"Anytime," I say sincerely. "What envelope?"

"Some cash," Felipe shrugs.

"Oh, no, no," I shake my head. "I couldn't. Besides I had fun with Manolo all week."

"We insist," Felipe urges.

"Nope," I refuse. "Buy me lunch and we'll be even."

"Alright man," he agrees. "Let's go."

○○○

"Thank you," I give thanks to the bartender who left my drink on the bar in front of my plate of wings before turning back over to Felipe who was in the middle of  story about his vacation. "That sounds amazing," I agree with him.

"So, what have you been up to?" Felipe asks me.

"The exact same usual," I frown. "Anyway, I've been meaning to ask about the girls next door."

"What about them?" He lets out a chuckle.

"I didn't know Melissa was friends with them."

"Yeah, they met where Melissa works and the two girls were roommates so they would all hang out a lot. They told us about the apartment and now we're neighbors," he explains.

"Are they cool?" I ask.

"Yeah, I guess,"  Felipe shrugs. "We've all hung out a couple of times, Antonella is kind of reserved and one of those smart and snobby kind of girls. Eva is the cooler one, she's the charming one."

"Eva is ridiculously hot," I observe and Felipe begins to smirk. "I mean they're both pretty, but-"

"Eva is," he lets out a laugh. "Don't tell Melissa I said that," he jokes and we laugh. "When did you meet them?"

"First night there," I explain. "Antonella is just, wow," I shake my head since I couldn't even think of the words to describe the girl I spoke to for a minute. "Eva too, I ran into her at the gym yesterday."

"Antonella is single," he nods. "I'll tell Melissa to set you up."

"No, no," I chuckle. "Don't do that."

"What'd Eva say yesterday?"

"Nothing much," I shrug. "Just getting to know one another."