Chapter 4 ● The Day They Had Their First Date

Juan's POV

I was sat in the coffee shop inside the bookstore, listening to a demo on my laptop for work.

I was taking down notes in a small notebook while listening. It was about to be three in the afternoon and I just realized I've spent my whole morning in here.

I quickly finish up this last demo and decide to save the few remaining to listen to for later tonight. I finish putting my things away in my backpack and when I push the chair out I look up and find Antonella looking at some books on the store side.

I smile a little to myself before deciding to walk over to the girl I was crushing on.

"The Caribbean," I read the title of the travel book and surprise her.

"Oh my God," she smiles up at me. "Hi."

"Sorry," I chuckle at her. "How are you?"

"I'm good," she nods. "And you?"

"A bit bored, but can't complain too much," I shrug.

"Well," she closes the book in hand. "If you're bored then you're boring."

"Wow," I say and she begins to laugh to herself. "You don't even know me."

"Be that as it may," Antonella looks up at me. "I'm sure there's plenty of things you can do on this fine day."

"What are you up to?" I follow her down the aisle. "I mean travel books can only be so fascinating."

"I've always wanted to go to the Caribbean so, yeah," she nods. "They are."

"Are you just gonna shop for books all day?"

"Some clothes too," she smiles. "Did you wanna join me?"

"Really?" I ask surprised.

"You said you were bored," she nods, a table of books between us. "Don't rush to say yes," she smirks then picks up a book and turns it over.

"Only if I can buy you coffee afterwards," I propose.

"Did you not just have a cup of coffee?" Antonella nods over at the coffee shop.

"You saw me?"

"Yeah," she blushes. "But I didn't think you'd come over. Or that you even saw me for that matter."

"How could I not?" We stand there smiling at one another for a second. "A keeper?" I ask.

"Who?" She shakes her head.

"The book," I laugh and point at the book she was holding onto for a bit.

"Oh," she puts a hand on her forehead. "Yeah," Antonella nods. "I'm actually done here. We can go pay."

○○○

"New Kids on the Block beat both," Antonella raises her eyebrow as she keeps swiping through shirts on a circular rack.

"You're crazy," I laugh as I cross my arms, her shopping bags in hand. "Backstreet Boys are better."

"They're better than *NSYNC, yeah," Antonella agrees. "But the entire "Hangin' Tough" album is more iconic than the entire discography of both other bands."

"Who are you?" I begin to laugh at her and she joins. "How old are you, Antonella?"

"Twenty-six, like you," she answers. "And call me Anto."

"Oh," I smile. "We're up to nicknames?"

"I've had a good time so far," she nods. "Nicknames are applicable."