Chapter 12 ● The Night They Showed Their True Colors

Juan's POV

The next day I woke up with a fury like no other after remembering why it took me so long to fall asleep.

I took a shower and got dressed before heading over to Felipe's work.

When I got there I greeted the guy at the front desk before walking toward the back and getting on an elevator to get to Felipe's office.

No one was there when I entered so I sat down and got a chance to go over everything I had to say.

"Juan?" Felipe questioned five minutes later when he came back to his office, coffee cup in hand. "What are you doing here?"

"I have to talk to you."

"About?"

I pull out my phone and go to the photo he posted last night.

"Did you have a nice date with Eva last night?"

"Yeah," he just laughs. "I did."

"Are you fucking kidding me, bro?"

"Why are you getting so mad?"

"Besides the fact that you knew I really liked her or the fact that you just called off your wedding and you know Melissa probably saw this?"

"Sit down again, will you?" He asks as he gets comfortable in his seat. "Eva and I have... history."

"You what?"

"I don't care about Melissa seeing it," he squints. "That's over and done with."

"You have history? Are you going to explain that or not?"

Felipe lets out a deep breath before looking me in the eyes.

"Eva and I have been sleeping together for over a year."

"You what?!" I yell and get up again.

"Will you fucking relax?" Felipe glares at me as he gets up and goes to close the door to his office. "Why are you being so touchy about this? Did you want to marry the girl? Jeez."

"You were cheating on Melissa with Eva for over a year?"

"Yeah," he simply nods like it's nothing. "Since we moved in there. We hooked up and it just kept happening," Felipe shrugs.

"Are you okay with having cheated on your girlfriend?"

"It happens," he doesn't understand my concern.

"You're such an asshole- is that why Melissa left? Did she find out."

"Yeah," he nods. "She did."

"Right before the wedding," I shake my head. "You asked her to marry you and everything and you were still having sex with Eva? You're unbelievable."

I keep my affair with Eva off the table. I thought it was bad since I liked her roommate, but I never thought she or Felipe had the balls to do such an awful thing to Melissa.

"So, now that Melissa's out of the picture-"

"I don't wanna fucking hear it," I grimaced and put my hand up to stop him from saying an even douchier thing. "So, you just didn't want me asking Eva out because she was your side piece?"

"Yeah, she's my girl," he admits. "What if she said yes?"

"You already had a girl!" I yell at him.

"Alright fine," he puts his hands up. "I've always liked Eva more. Melissa was such a little girl, I don't know, it wasn't as fun. I'd get all the good stuff from Meli and all the nasty stuff from Eva, it's just-"

"You're disgusting," I stare at him.

"Bro, don't act like a girl about this. You would've done the same thing-"

"I wouldn't cheat on my girlfriend," I stop him right there. "I wouldn't have a full blown affair either. Do you know how much you hurt Melissa?"

"You're in love with her too?"

"Shut up," I shake my head. "After everything you said, how you said she wasn't a good person, how I shouldn't get involved with her-"

"I was just telling it like it is."

"Yeah," I nod. "Definitely telling me how it is for you and her."

"Why can't you just be happy for me?"

"About?"

"I'm finally with the girl I've always wanted to be with, but couldn't."

"Do you not understand that you were with her this entire time and chose to still keep it a secret and cheat on your girlfriend while asking her to marry you? Were you going to keep it going after the wedding?"

"Nah," Felipe shook his head and sat back.

"You're right," I laughed at him. "I'm sorry. Congratulations."

○○○

"Hi," Eva smiles up at me.

"Who is it?" I hear Antonella calling from the kitchen.

I quickly grab Eva by the wrist at the sound of Anto's voice and drag her into the hall.

"Sexy," Eva laughs as we reach the elevator and I push her into it before following.

I press the emergency stop button as soon as the doors close.

"You were sleeping with Felipe the entire time?" I point at her.

"What entire time?" She asks.

"Eva!" I yell at her.

"No, I genuinely want to know," she crosses her arms. "The entire time we were fucking too? Yes. But way before that-"

"You fucked your friends boyfriend? And you feel no remorse? He's my friend too!"

"How many times do we have to go over this?! I can do what I want when I want! I can fuck who I want when I want! I don't care if he's your friend or taken! He wanted it too!"

"Your friend's boyfriend!" I yell in her face again. "How much of an atrocious person do you have to be to keep on fucking him and have a full blown affair with him even after he asks the poor girl to marry him?"

"I'm not gonna tell him what to do with his girlfriend," she shakes her head. "I was there for a different reason."

"And now," I feel the anger build up even more as I point at the floor. "Now, you're dating him? Dating! The one thing you said you would never want to do. The one thing you try with all your fucking might to keep away from! Sin contrato this, sin contrato that, you are a huge fucking hypocrite-"

Eva pushes me up against a wall in the elevator.

"Shut up!" She kisses me and I immediately push her off.

"Wow," I begin to nod as I wipe my lips with my forearm. "Do you know what dating means?"

"One last time, Juan," she smirks and gets closer to me.

She tries putting her hands in my pants as she kisses me some more and I turn my face away from her, not stopping her from kissing my chest.

"Get off of me," I put my hands on her shoulders and push her off again.

"I want you one last time," she looks at me up and down as she leans on the other wall of the elevator.

"You're disgusting," I shake my head. "I can't believe you."

"I'm not asking you to!" Eva shouts.

"You have a boyfriend! Now, you're in something with a contract and the moment I come around you kiss me and throw yourself on me asking to have sex one last time? You can't take anything seriously, can you?"

Eva presses the emergency stop button again, making the elevator doors open.

"Fuck you," she says before walking out the elevator and down the hall to her apartment.