Chapter 17 ● The Night They Got Caught

Juan's POV

I finish setting up the plates on the table before I take a step back to make sure it all looks great.

I nod at the sight as soon as I think Antonella is gonna like it.

I was having her over for dinner in hopes of apologizing for what happened two weeks ago when Eva and Felipe announced they were getting married.

I knew I had to come clean about Eva and me and also why I left without explaining myself.

I tried talking to Antonella since then, but she'd always tell me she was too busy to talk to me. I finally got her to come over tonight and I had to have everything perfect for her.

"Meli!" I call out for her from my room.

"I know, I know," she starts and rushes over to get the blankets from the living room.

I was sleeping in my own living room for the time that Melissa was staying here with me. We were extremely busy with the whole wedding that was being planned, Melissa needed a place to stay.

"Antonella's gonna be here any minute now," I say as I plate the chicken I had made and Melissa comes back out of my bedroom.

"I'm out of your hair!" She let's out a gasp. "I'll be back later. Good luck!"

"Bye," I say before she leaves a kiss on my cheek and exits my apartment for a couple of hours while I'm on my date.

○○○

Antonella's POV

I reached the apartment building as soon as Melissa came out of it.

"Meli?" I questioned and she looked surprised to see me.

"I really did take too long," she laughs to herself. "Hi!"

She hugs me and leaves a kiss on my cheek and I do the same back, but completely confused.

"What are you doing in Miami?"

"Juan will explain," she waves her hand and smiles. "But, anyway! Congrats to you two. I'm happy he's finally with you! After all the shit he's pulled." I simply smile and nod, trying to figure out what was going on. "We need to go out and eat soon! We have to catch up, I have so much shit to talk to you about. This whole wedding-"

"So, you heard about it," I press my lips onto one another, feeling bad for her.

"Juan called me that same night!" She cheers, surprisingly happy.

I realize that was the call he was talking about and I let some of my anger toward him go since I haven't seen him since.

What Eva said to me that night was total bullshit, but it was eating away at me regardless.

"I can't fucking believe she's getting married! They deserve each other, really," Meli bursts out into laughter. "She's literally fucked ninety percent of the groomsmen. Just not that ugly one, Tim."

"Only Tim?" I laugh thinking of Juan.

"Yeah, they need to all get tested. I'm sure Juan's clean though," she chuckles and I join, not letting her know this was all news to me.

"You think? After how many months?" I pretend to think so she can answer the question for me.

"What like six?" Melissa laughs. "Men are fucking stupid."

"The worst," I agree.

"You're the best for not letting their history get to you, though."

"How could I?" I try to keep my poker face.