Chapter 11 ● The Night They Made Things Public

Juan's POV

I woke up to a note from Anto on my coffee table thanking me for everything from last night. She got called into work early this morning and she didn't want to wake me.

She thanked me for a great second date.

I couldn't help but smile at that last bit. My smile disappeared when I saw a text from Eva asking to see me.

○○○

When Eva opened her apartment door I offered a smile before kissing her.

"Juan," she pushes me off. "What if someone saw?"

"Anto's at work," I explain before walking into their apartment and closing the door.

"Oh," Eva raises her eyebrows. "Thanks for letting me know. You know I was worried sick about her," she says sarcastically as she walks to her bedroom and I start to follow.

I start to undress when I'm in her room while she closes the balcony door. When Eva finally sits down on her bed she faces me and starts talking.

"Oh," she laughs at me. "Very presumptuous."

"It'd be useful if you let me know why you called then," I inch closer to her and start kissing her some more. "Otherwise, I could only assume-"

"Juan," she smiles in between kisses and pushes me off of her and onto her bed. "I wanted to have a serious talk with you."

"I'm listening," I try not chuckling before I reach for a pillow of hers and get comfortable.

"So," she begins buttoning up my shirt. "I think we should stop this. Call an end to this... affair."

"You what?"

"I don't want to do this anymore," she gestures at me then her.

"Are you being serious?"

"Very," she starts. "Plus, you know, if you want to take your thing with Anto further, this won't be impeding-"

"My thing with Anto?"

"Oh, come on," she laughs at me and I stay quiet, still questioning her. "Your thing. You two like each other."

"Tell me more of what you think you know," I sit up.

"Please," she rolls her eyes before looking away. "That girl really likes you. And you do too. You didn't even want me coming along last night on your little road trip with that dog."

"There really was no need for you to come along-"

"I see the way you two look at each other."

"How do we look at each other?"

"You don't look at me the way you look at her."

"So this is a jealousy thing? Is that it?"

"No," she smiles and shakes her head. "I'm just over this."

"You see how I'm acting now? How I totally respect your decision and I'll be happy to part ways with you because that's what you want? I just have to point that out, seeing as how you flipped out when I wanted to call things off earlier."

"You can't blame me for that," she gets up and crosses her arms. "You had no valid reason for wanting to stop this. It was ridiculous and insulting-"

"I had no valid reason?" I bite. "You don't get to say my feelings aren't valid."

"I could say the same thing."

"So what's your valid reason? You being insecure about your roommate?"

"Just as you were insecure over a guy at the gym?"

"No way," I laugh at her. "You literally have a whole circuit of gyms and clubs you go to to pick up guys!"

"How do you know about that?"

"Eva," I shake my head. "Why now?" She stays quiet. "Did you catch feelings for me?"

"No," she laughs at me. "Absolutely not."

"You didn't have to say it like that-"

"Things are just looking up," she shrugs. "Things are changing."

"Way to be fucking vague," I hiss at her.

"Shut up," she grabs a pillow and throws it at me.

"Eva, you're a fucking child," I push the plush object off of me. "I'm over this too," I think of Anto as I get up.

"Where the fuck are you going?" She calls for me as I reach the door.

"What is wrong with you? I'm giving you what you want."

"A man wouldn't just walk away like you are."

"I don't know what type of disrespectful men you're attracted to-"

Eva slammed her door shut, not letting me leave.

"Not even a goodbye kiss?" She looks up at me. "A last hurrah?"

"You're crazy," I look at her lips. "You know that right?"

"You know it too," she says before kissing me and guiding me toward her bed.

"This is the last time," I push her off of me when she finally straddles me.

"Sure," she smiles before I roll over onto her.

○○○

Two weeks have passed since I've last spoken to Eva.

I haven't heard a thing about her or from her and I was somewhat happy about it. The situation I was in wasn't the best, especially now that I kind of have a thing going with Anto.

I just arrived back home from a long day at the office. I was texting Antonella when she stopped replying for a couple of minutes.

I took the time to get ready for bed before she finally texted me back.

Have you been on Instagram lately?

No, why?

I'm beyond mad, right now
There's something you gotta see

Hold on
I'll go on it right now

I got into bed before I exited the messages app and quickly went to go open up Instagram like Antonella suggested. I didn't have any idea as to what I was supposed to see so I just kept scrolling.

I scrolled for another minute when I reached a photo that Felipe had posted.

A photo of him with Eva at the South Pointe Pier.

He had his arm over her and the two were smiling in the selfie he took.

A caption with heart emojis.

I remembered what Eva said about "things looking up" and I took a tighter grip of my phone.

Antonella's message popped up at the top of my screen while I kept staring at the photo of the two.

She told me she was going out tonight, but I didn't think much of it
I can't fucking believe them.