Chapter 15 ● The Night They Realized Wedding Season Wasn't So Bad

Antonella's POV

I was just about to get in the shower when I heard the buzzer and I quickly ran from the bathroom to the door.

I opened the door after seeing it was a delivery guy.

"Hi," I smiled at him.

"Antonella?" He asked.

"Yeah," I nodded and took the package and flowers from him. "Are you sure it's for Antonella? Not Eva."

"That's what the card says, ma'am," the young guy spoke.

"Well, thank you," I smiled at him once again before shutting the door and walking into my bedroom with the package and flowers.

I spot the note that the guy was talking about on the black box that I leave on my bed. I first walk over to the kitchen to put the roses in a vase. I looked for a note in them, but there wasn't any.

I brought the vase to my room and put the flowers by my window, then I walked back over to my bed to read the note on the box.

The front had my name written in script, nothing on the back. I opened up the card and read the note aloud.

"To my lottery winner on our third date. I'll pick you up tomorrow night at four. Love, Juan."

I look at the black box one last time before opening it excitedly.

I throw the cover onto the floor to reveal a draped red dress. I pull it out of the box and notice that it's a short one, super cute.

I'm amazed by the whole gesture and start to squeal.

"No fucking way!" I start to laugh and jump.

I notice the the price tag hanging on the side before I start laughing even more.

Two hundred fifty dollars.

○○○

It was four and I was anxiously waiting for Juan to arrive.

Eva wasn't home, which was great, I didn't want her to see me like this. All dressed up to go on a mystery date with Juan.

Five minutes later and the door bell rung.

I took a deep breath before walking to the door to open it.

I smiled as soon as I saw him.

"Wow," he could barely speak. "You look... absolutely beautiful."

"Thank you," I smiled at him. "Thanks for the dress. I was so-"

"You deserve it," Juan spoke.

"So, where are we going?" I inquire.

"It's a surprise," he smiles before putting his arm out for me to loop mine around. "Let's get out of here."

○○○

The whole car ride there, we were having a laugh. About half an hour later, we finally arrived at a luxury hotel.

Juan gave his car keys to the valet and headed inside, guiding me the entire time.

I thought we were going to have dinner at some rooftop restaurant, until we reached the ballroom.

"Mr. and Mrs. Faltings," I read the sign aloud.

"Surprise," Juan looked at me with an unsure smile.

"This is gonna be..." I took my time and tortured him a little. "So much fun!" I turned up the excitement immediately and he started laughing at me as I jumped a little.