Chapter 3 ● The Night They Slept Together

Juan's POV

"Hello?" I pick up my phone from the desk I was sat at at work, one of the few days I had to come into the studio.

"Juan, how are you?" Felipe asks on the other end.

"Good man, and you?"

"Good, good. Are you busy?"

"I am, I'm at work," I explain.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he says. "Real quick, I was wondering if you could stay over and dog sit Manolo again. Just for the night."

"I don't know, man-"

"I have this really important dinner planned out with Melissa tonight and I booked us a hotel room at the same place, but you know how she is with that dog so, she'll be worried the whole night if no one stays with him. I just want her to be relaxed about that while we spend the night together, please," I stay silent. "You know I wouldn't call if it wasn't-"

"Alright," I agree after letting out a breath.

"Yes! Thanks, man! You're the best. Be here at six, please."

"I'll see you then," I say before ending the call.

○○○

As soon as the elevator doors open to my designated floor, I spot Eva down the hall about to go into her apartment.

She turns to face me and smiles at the sight before meeting me halfway.

"Came to see me already?" She bats her eyelashes.

"I am pet-sitting for the night," I explain. "Felipe and Melissa will be out and about."

"I see," Eva smirks. "Can I come by later then?"

I stay quiet for a moment, knowing I should say no. Another part of me wants to spend some time with this girl.

"I'd like that," I nod.

"Good," she smiles. "I'll bring a little something."

A door shuts and we both look up to see it was Antonella leaving.

"Oh," she pauses as she sees us. "Hey..."

"Juan," I jump in.

"I know," she smiles at me.

"I'm gonna go pick up my food," Antonella looks at Eva. "I'll be back in a bit."

"Alright," Eva nods.

"Bye guys," Antonella smiles at the both of us before approaching the elevator.

"I should go in," I point at Felipe's door.

"Me too," Eva agrees.

I knock on the door before waving Eva goodbye and am greeted by Felipe.

"My hero!" He cheers. "Come on in. Manolo's waiting for you."

I greet Felipe before looking down at the fat dog who makes a sound before coming over to say hi.

"Juan," Melissa comes out looking amazing. "Thanks for staying over. I don't know what Felipe's up to planning dates now, but I like it."

"You look great," I say before kissing her on the cheek and finally noticing Felipe is also dressed up. "Looks like you guys are gonna have some serious fun."

"Let's hope so," Felipe jokes and we all chuckle. "Well, we'll be on our way. You know what to do. You're at home."

"Thanks guys," I nod. "You two kids have fun."