Chapter 7 ● The Day They Made It Messy

Antonella's POV

I was mixing my bowl of yogurt in the kitchen when I heard a knock at the door.

I walked over wary since I wasn't expecting anyone and was home alone. When I caught a glimpse through the peephole I relaxed and opened the door.

"Hi," I smiled.

"Hey," Juan smiled back. "I didn't think you'd be home."

"Wow," I nod. "So you really are best buds with Eva."

"No, no," he shook his head. "I mean we had plans, but she wasn't answering so I thought I'd just come over."

"Are you two dating?"

"Nope," he shook his head.

"Glad she finally made a friend then," I nod and move over inviting him in.

"I'll just go back home," he declines my invite.

"Don't waste your trip," I urge him. "Besides, I haven't seen you in a bit."

"Alright," he smiles and comes in. "Where is Eva, anyway?"

"Oh, you know," I chuckle. "First of the month."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"The gym thing," I furrow my eyebrows.

"What gym thing?"

"Oh shit," I say to myself. "You don't know, do you?"

"Yeah, no. I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Forget I said anything," I wave my hand. "You want something to drink?"

"I'll take some water, please," he comes over and sits behind the counter. "Nice place you've got here."

"Oh, come on," I roll my eyes. "I know you've been here before."

"Okay, well not with you here," he clarifies and we chuckle.

"Are you sure you two aren't a thing?" I ask wanting so badly to know.

"One hundred percent," he nods. "Now that you keep asking, are you sure you and Eva aren't a thing?"

"Whoa, buddy," I stop him in his tracks. "I couldn't afford her," I joke and he laughs.

I finish up the bowl of breakfast I was eating while Juan tells me he was asked to be best man and I congratulate him.

"I'm quite offended you didn't tell me as soon as it happened," I shake my head.

"You didn't tell me about being maid of honor," he offers.

"Yeah, well," I start. "I was waiting on you to ask me out again so I could tell you."

"Oh, my bad," he smirks and I chuckle. "Not a big deal anyway."

"Did Meli not dump a bunch of shit on your lap?"

"A ton," he widens his eyes. "I just haven't gotten around to some of it?"

"Some?"

"All," Juan winces and I laugh.

"You just got to get organized," I tell him. "Like me."

"Are you an expert maid of honor?"

"No, but I will be," I smile. "You've got to see my binder!"

"Your binder?" Juan questions as I start running to my bedroom by the apartment door.

I come back with a huge pink binder and settle it on the counter in front of Juan before taking a seat on the stool next to him.

"Jesus Christ," he laughs.