Chapter 5 ● The Night They Were All Jealous

Juan's POV

"Careful," I tell Eva as she laughs after knocking over a mop in the janitors closet of our gym.

"See you out there," she winks after straightening out her sports bra.

I wait in the closet another two minutes silently before stepping out and meeting Eva at the treadmills.

Just as I arrived the guy next to her left and I cleaned the machine then got on.

"Funny running into you," Eva bites her lip.

"You think you're funny?" I ask as I adjust the settings on the workout machine.

"So, what are you doing Friday night?" Eva inquires.

"You're not going to the dinner?"

"What dinner?"

"Meli sent out an invite to a formal dinner," I begin to explain. "I got it in the mail yesterday. They rented out the party room of some restaurant down by the beach."

"Oh," Eva furrows her eyebrows. "I haven't checked my mail. Anto leaves it on the counter for me but I always forget."

"How's Anto?" I ask.

"Fine, but anyway," Eva changes the subject, not caring. "Formal. Now I gotta find something to wear."

"I'm sure you got a little black dress somewhere," I suggest.

"Yeah," she agrees. "Too little."

"Save that one for me then," I wink and she chuckles.

○○○

I fix the collar of my shirt while I look at myself through my full length mirror that was resting on the floor and brick wall in my living room. I take one last look before putting on some cologne and heading out.

I was texting Eva who arrived first because, according to her, Antonella dragged her out the house way too early.

I take a cab to the restaurant and arrive in fifteen minutes, the party room was full of familiar faces. Everyone was standing around and I greeted and met some new people before I got pulled to the hall with the bathrooms.

"Hi," Eva smiled at me.

"Hi," I smiled back. "You come here often?"

"Shut up," she ordered before kissing me. "I couldn't do that in there."

"Well," I frown. "You really could have."

"Have you seen Felipe or Meli?"

"No," I shake my head. "Them being late to their own dinner sounds like them, though."

"Alright," Eva lets out a sigh. "Save me a seat."

She walks away and I finally got a good look of what she was wearing. A little black dress.

I chuckle to myself and head back into the room, almost bumping into someone.

"Sorry," I apologize to the girl and she nods as we catch the attention of those around us.

"Juan," I hear Anto call my name right after.

She comes up to me, looking stunning in a peach colored dress, making me widen my eyes at how delicate she looked.

"Hey," she smiles again. "You look great!"

"You look amazing," I hold her hands in mine and take her in.

"Wow," she laughs and takes back her hands. "It's nothing out of the ordinary."

"To be honest," I start and look around the room. "You're the best dressed in here. Everyone's dressed to the nines."