Chapter 10 ● The Day They Came To The Rescue

Juan's POV

"Hey," Felipe says when I open the door for him to come in.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Well," he turns on his heels and frowns. "The wedding's off."

"What?" I ask surprised. "What the fuck happened?"

"I fucked up," Felipe shrugs. "I'm just- I'm just not right for her."

"You're kidding me, right?"

"She's too young, I'm not the right guy-"

"The wedding's a month away!"

"It was a month away," he clarifies.

"Are you okay?" I ask him sincerely.

"I'm fine," he says as if it's nothing. "You're gonna give me some coffee?" Felipe spots the two coffee mugs and points.

"Yeah," I nod and rush over to the kitchen. "You rang and I put out another cup. Milk and sugar?"

"I'll take it black," he shakes his head. "So, enough of the small talk."

"Yeah?" I look up at him.

"I need you to do me a favor."

○○○

Antonella's POV

"You have such a nice apartment," I take in Juan's place.

"Thanks," he nods and gestures for me to sit on the couch. "I forgot you haven't been here."

"You didn't have to invite me over," I start. "I really could do all this by myself."

"No, no," Juan shakes his head as he brings over a bottle of water for me. "I didn't help you at all with all this planning, you even did my half of it all. It's only right I help you cancel everything."

"I didn't do all of your work," I clarify. "Just some."

"Thanks again," he nods. "But all your work has been for nothing."

"I'm so mad!" I admit. "I was planning the best wedding ever."

"It shouldn't have been your responsibility to plan it anyway."

"Yeah, well," I start. "I didn't mind. I can't believe they broke up."

"Me either," Juan agrees. "It's absolutely crazy."

"Did he tell you what happened?"

"No. Did Meli mention anything?"

"Meli left," I explain. "I went to Eva's room to look out the balcony and I saw her getting into a cab with a backpack and I haven't spoken to her at all."

"Jesus," Juan covers his mouth in awe.

"They got into some serious shit," I say before letting a breath out and taking my binder out my bag.

"Where do we start?" Juan asks.

○○○

"No, no," I shake my head. "Thank you."

I end the call to the caterers and look over to Juan who was talking to the reception venue.

"I understand," Juan nods. "It's no problem at all. Thanks."

I cross somethings out in the binder when I look up at him and ask how it went.

"All they could do was put it on hold. We have to go in person to sign some things otherwise they can't actually cancel it."