Chapter 9 ● The Night They Cancelled It

Antonella's POV

I was sat in the living room watching a movie when I heard a loud crash.

I put down my water bottle and paused the movie before getting up. Quietly, I made my way over to Eva's door and heard nothing. When another scream came, I realized it was from Melissa's apartment.

I turned off the TV and went to the hall. I kept hearing the couple yell at each other and loud crashes, like glass shattering. I didn't want to knock and disturb them, but it sounded super bad so I went back to my apartment.

Eva was standing by her bedroom door.

"Can you hear what they're saying?" I ask her and she shakes her head. "Should we call the police?"

"Don't be stupid," she shakes her head.

"I don't want anyone getting hurt-"

"Mind your business," Eva suggests. "Felipe wouldn't hit her."

"What if she's hitting him," I shrug then go for my phone that I left on the coffee table.

"Don't call the police!"

"Fine," I give in. "But if I hear anything that sounds like someone getting hit, I'm calling."

"Okay," Eva threw her hands up as the yelling continued.

"You can definitely hear that from your room," I walk past her and into her room.

The fighting got muffled meaning Felipe and Melissa were in the living room now.

"I'm not staying here tonight," Eva laughed. "I need sleep and I won't get any with them ripping each other's heads off."

The screaming stopped, you could hear Melissa crying.

○○○

Juan's POV

"What happened?" I ask Eva when I let her into my apartment.

"I'm sorry, but I wouldn't be here if I didn't have to be," she says. "I know you said you wanted to stay away from me-"

"I just said I wanted some time-"

"But I need a place to stay tonight," she finishes.

"Can I ask why?" I think of Antonella kicking her out.

"Felipe and Melissa are having a huge fight," she emphasizes the huge. "And you can hear them through the walls. I need some place to stay."

"What about Anto?" I ask.

"What about her?"

"Well, why isn't she complaining about the noise?"

"Her bedroom has our entire living room between her and the next apartment. My room is right next to theirs and they're going off."

"Do you know what about?"

"No," she simply shakes her head. "But it's ugly."

"I better call Felipe," I walk over to the kitchen to pick my phone up off the counter.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Eva says as she takes a seat on the couch and I look over at her. "Felipe's not a guy you wanna talk to when he's mad."

"I know," I agree then lock my phone and keep it in my hands. "So, you had no place else to go, huh?"

"Nope," she shakes her head. "No other place."

"Not even Antonella's room?" I offer and she stays quiet. "Miss me yet?" I tease as I sit down next to her.

"Got over me yet?" She smirks and we both chuckle.

"I think I have," I admit.

"So," she starts. "This is probably a dumb question, but if you're over me does that mean we can get back to..."

"You only want to have sex with me," I joke and she laughs.

"I'm just asking if it's off the table," she inches closer and puts a hand on my leg. "Because if you wanted to fuck me you could."

I look at her hand then back up at her.

"Sin contrato?" I ask.

"Sin contrato," she nods before kissing me.

I put my hand on her shoulders and push her back a little.

"Eva," I almost whisper.

"What is it?"

"Can I ask you something? Why do you not believe in relationships?"

"It's not that I don't believe in them," she chuckles. "It's just that I don't think anyone is supposed to be in one for very long. So, instead of wasting my time, I just decide to not be in one."

"You never wanna settle down?"

"Never," she shakes her head. "Is that a deal breaker for you?"

"No," I shake my head. "You're just not the one for me and this is without a contract."

"Glad you finally got it," Eva smirked before kissing me again.

She started kissing my neck when my phone started to ring. It was Antonella calling.

I got up and put my hand out for Eva to take, ignoring the phone vibrating on the coffee table.

"Let's go," I nodded over to my bedroom.

○○○

I woke up before Eva the next morning and went to go make some coffee for the both of us.

While I was setting up the cups to pour the coffee in when it was done, I saw the screen of my phone light up in the living room.

I walked over to where I had left the device over night and picked it up.

I saw a couple of texts and a missed call from Anto. What had made the screen light up just now was a missed call from Felipe.

I quickly called him back.

"Felipe," I walked back over to the kitchen. "What's with the wake up call?"

"I'm on my way to your place," he states.

"Uh, why is that?"

"I need to talk to you," he explains.

"O-okay," I say. "Let me know when you're here."

I quickly end the call and run over to wake up Eva and get her out of here.

"You need to go," I start shaking the girl in my bed.

"Again?" She asks.

"Felipe's on his way."

Eva quickly gets up and starts getting dressed.

"Wait," she says while I get dressed as well. "Why don't you want him knowing about us?"

"He told me not to get involved with you during the wedding," I admit.

"Is that why you broke things off?"

"No," I smirk. "I saw you at the gym with that other guy and realized you weren't for me."

"Wow," she shakes her head before walking out of my bedroom.

"When am I gonna see you again?" I ask when we reach the door.

"Tomorrow night," Eva nods. "I'll come by."

"Perfect," I smile before leaving one last kiss on her lips and seeing her out.