Chapter Eight

Rhiannon's POV

        You were curled into Carter's arms on your couch. After you guys had sex, you stayed up practically all night talking about yourselves. He immediately opened up to you and asked you about your past. His lining up closely to your own. Eventually he'd asked you to be his girlfriend, which kind of surprised you. Your first instinct was that this was weird and fast. Although you really liked him and he insisted that the two of you were meant to find each other, so you agreed. You couldn't remember the last time you had even been on a date where you had connected so quickly. It was about mid-afternoon and you were just laying there, eyes closed. You didn't want to ever have to move. Where you were was just so nice. It felt right.

        That was until you thought you heard the doorknob turn, you looked at Carter, him raising an eyebrow. You shrugged the best you could in the position you were in, and kissed him. Immediately you forgot about the sound of the doorknob. He bit your lip and you immediately opened your mouth, tongues battling for dominance. You turned to straddle Carter, your lips trailing kisses down his chin then down his neck. Suddenly his hand went to your breast and squeezed, fingers plucking your already erect nipple. Your head went back on a moan, eyes squeezed shut. Suddenly a gasp caught your ear and you froze. Head popping up, confused on the origin of the sound. Well until you looked up into the eyes of Alex Gaskarth, his eyes holding a lot of hurt. A heartbeat passed, but it felt like minutes as your heart squeezed.

"Alex. . ." He turned and started for the door, you immediately jumped up. Quickly grabbing the throw blanket from the back of the couch to wrap around yourself and running out the door after him. "Alex wait. ." He turned back to you eyes now furious and hurt, "Why should I, Rhiannon? Do you know why I came here?" You shook your head no and bit your lip. knowing Alex was really upset and feeling really guilty although you weren't sure why. "I came here to tell you that I've had feelings for you since the first day I met you, and yes I realize exactly how cliché that sounds! But, I can't help it. I know I've slept around, and I left on tour. I just . . . within the last couple of days, I just thought . . . maybe that you felt the same way too. But obviously I was wrong. Go back and have fun with whoever the fuck that guy on your couch is. Also you probably shouldn't leave your door unlocked when you're naked on the couch!" You looked down, blushing, realizing you were standing naked in front of Alex in nothing more than a tiny, practically see through, throw blanket. Great, you thought. Way to start off a new relationship.

        You crawled back onto the couch into Carters waiting arms. "Who was that, babe?" "An old friend." He smiled, "He didn't seem like just a friend." You looked up to him and thought about what Alex had said. You'd wasted years on Alex and the minute you start something with a guy, he is confessing his feelings for you? Such a typical Alex move. You looked up at Carter and smiled, "Don't worry, he really is just a friend." He smiled back, as you leaned down to kiss him. Suddenly you were lost to anything other than his lips on your own.

Alex's POV

        You drove to Jack's pissed off. How could she do that to you? YOU, Alex Gaskarth, admitted you had feelings for her, and she just blew you off? That guy is no good, he's just going to use her. I know it. I wouldn't do that. She should be with me! You were practically fuming all the way to Jacks. You sped into his driveway, and slammed on the breaks putting it in park. Jack running out of the door screaming, "WHAT HAPPENED?" You glared at him, "She rejected me." He cocked his head to the side, "Who?" You glared at him even more holding the door open for him, then slamming it, muttering, "Rhiannon."

        His eyes went wide and he started stuttering, "But. . You see. . .I know that for a fact. . Ugh. . Well. . ." He looked at you a little lost, "That's not possible." You glared at him again, "Please Jack, tell me what you obviously know that I don't that is making it impossible to you." You watched Jack stare at the floor for a couple minutes in silence, your anger building with each minute. "What Jack?" He looked back up at you and he looked apologetic, "Don't get mad, Alex. She trusts me, and I'm going to tell you this anyways, even if I promised her I wouldn't." You looked at him, "Just tell me already." "She's liked you just as long as you've liked her. You practically broke her heart every weekend when we were in high school. While you were on dates with a million other girls, it was just the two of us in her house. I don't think I've ever seen her be so upset because of someone. That's also part of the reason why Addison hates your guts." You just looked up at him, Rhiannon had liked you all of that time? Then why did she reject you?

        "Jack, I think she's with someone else now." "Are you sure, Alex?" "Pretty damn positive."