Chapter Ten

Alex's POV

        As you walked in the diner with Jessica you looked over spotting Rhiannon and smirked. This is what she got for rejecting you, you hoped it hurt her as much as she hurt you. Then you saw the tears come to her eyes, and the look on her face practically broke your heart all over again. Then you remembered that afternoon a couple of weeks ago. How that guy that now sat next to her, his arm wrapped around her in the booth, had been naked on her couch. You remembered the shock of seeing her straddling him and the bile that had risen in your throat. When you went to her house that afternoon you were sure that this was the time you finally got it right. You'd talked to Jack after overhearing Rhiannon and Addison, he had told you to finally tell her how you felt. You had driven to her house that afternoon a combination of nerves and pure happiness.

She deserves it, Alex. She didn't want to be with you, so this is what she gets. But as she got up to head to the bathroom, you knew you felt bad. It was like a knife was being twisted in your gut. You had to fix this or at least make sure you were still on good terms. You couldn't lose her. So you told Jessica that you would be right back and headed towards the bathroom as well.

        You went towards the hallway and saw her leaning against the wall. She seemed to know you were there without ever turning to look at you. "What do you want, Alex?" She spit out the words, full of rage and spite. "Why so mean to your best friend, Annie girl?" She turned and glared at you now, "Why are you doing this, Alex? . . . For once, can't you just let me be happy? Be happy that I'm happy even. . . I'm tired of wasting my life on you. All you care about is getting laid with someone like Jessica or whatever groupie you find on tour, and I'm tired of it. You always do stuff like this, Alex! You say you like me, or at least act like you like me. Then its back to other girls you go. Decide what you want for once, Alex. And this time, I'm not one of the options." She then turned away from the wall and stormed out of the hallway, leaving you dumbfounded.

Rhiannon's POV

        After you stormed out of the hallway you went back to the table saying you didn't feel well and you were going to go home. You left some money to cover your part of the bill on the table, despite Carter's protests. Also protesting when they wanted to come watch over you to be sure that you were okay. You realized that your parents were coming back this evening, and for once being around family didn't seem so bad.

        After you caught a taxi back to your house, you walked in taking off your shoes. "Rhiannon darling, is that you," your mom called out. "Yeah mom, it's just me," you laughed. "Well go upstairs, take a shower then get all dolled up. The Gaskarth's are coming over for dinner tonight," she said walking into the living room. "Does that include Alex," you groaned. "Well of course, are you two fighting?" "If you want to call it that." "Well don't cause a commotion at dinner, alright?" "Yes, mom," you said giving her a hug, then walking up the stairs inwardly complaining.

        After you got dressed you curled your hair again, you loved your hair curled. Wearing your blonde hair in loose waves falling over your shoulders always made you feel a little bit better about your appearance. You got dressed in a pretty yellow dress and applied some neutral makeup. After deciding you'd probably stalled as long as you could, you headed down the stairs to see the Gaskarths already there. "Rhiannon, darling, you look lovely," Mrs. Gaskarth cried out. "Why thank you, Mrs. Gaskarth," you replied smiling, you had always loved Alex's family. "Does anyone know where Alex is? He should be complimenting your stunning beauty." You laughed at Mr. Gaskarth's statement. The Gaskarth's always made sure Alex complimented you. Then the parents were off searching for Alex, you following behind slowly. You found him in the kitchen downing a beer, or his third. "ALEX!," his mother screeched, "Where are your manners?" He scoffed and looked at you before sighing, "You look wonderful, Rhiannon." Your mother then laughed causing you all to look over at her. She put an arm on Mrs. Gaskarth's shoulder, "They are fighting right now, maybe we should leave them alone." Which ended up leaving only you and Alex in the kitchen.

        "So now you're running to tell mommy your problems," Alex scoffed. You glared at him, "No, she just guessed because I complained as soon as she said you were coming over." "Smooth one." "Don't start with me Gaskarth." "Are we on a last name basis now, Lewis?" You glared and turned to walk away, before you heard him mutter, "Don't go, Annie girl." You spun around glaring once again, "Why shouldn't I?" "Why that guy?" "Carter?" "Was he the naked guy on your couch that afternoon?" You blushed, "Uh, well, yeah." Smooth one. "Then yes, why, Carter?" "Don't say his name like that and because he treats me better than you ever could, Alex! You're a walking fucking machine. You couldn't take the time of day to genuinely care about anyone and I'm done. I can't take your bullshit any longer." "Why you've become quite the potty mouth, Annie girl. I think it turns me on." "Hence the walking fucking machine." You heard Alex sigh and then there was a brief silence between the two of you. "I wasn't bullshitting you that afternoon, Rhiannon. None of that was fake." You stared down at your feet for what felt like forever before raising your head to look at him - tears pouring down your face, "And this time Alex, you're too fucking late. You're a walking heart break." Then you turned on your heels hoping to walk out of Alex Gaskarth's life forever. Hoping that for once, Carter was the right choice. That you weren't making a huge mistake.

Authors Note: So you think Alex was an ass? Just wait my friends. . .