Twelve

Ezra comes into the house and flops on the couch. She knows her father is most likely still at work so she doesnt bother saying that shes home. She goes into the kitchen and makes herself a snack before coming back into the living room turning on the television.

Footsteps make their way down stairs. Ezra turns towards the stairs and is surprised to see her father. "Daddy? I thought you were still at work." she says.

Her father, Escobar, comes and sits beside her. "Nah. Im tired of working late hours. Besides, I wanted to receive the full play-by-play of the game. Lay it on me." Ezra giggles, Well

She begins telling him about the game and key plays Denki made. Ezra and her dad begin to talk for hours, much to her enjoyment. They eventually watch a movie together but she falls asleep on her fathers shoulder.

Escobar grabs his daughter and carries her to her room. He lies her in her bed and tuck her in. Goodnight sweetie. he says kissing her cheek. As he prepares to leave her room, her phone rings. He picks it up and sees Riku's name on her phone. He answers it.

"Hello?"

"Hello? I may have the wrong number."

"It all depends. Who are you trying to reach?"

"I was calling for Ezra Takoiya."

"Well. This is the right number just the wrong person. Now tell me who you are."

"Oh. This is Mr Takoiya. Am I correct?"

"Yes this is now who are you?"

"My apologies sir. My name is Riku Takari.

"Takari? The guy that played football at Kusanagure University? Arent you a bit too old for my daughter?"

"No sir. That was my dad. I attend Kusa High with Ezra. I do, however, play football."

"Oh really? And why the sudden interest in my daughter? What are your goals?"

"Well, I actually plan on using either my 4.1 GPA or my athletic abilities to score me a great scholarship to a school with high prestige. I am seeking a major in Criminal Justice or Forensics. As for your daughter, I have been attracted to her for a while. I just never actually thought I would fall so deeply for her. I dont want anything from her other than her heart. And of course, the blessing and respect from her father and mother."

"Wow. I dont know many 17 yr olds who know what they want with the their lives. Pretty impressive son. And what position do you play?"

"I play free safety and sometimes I'll slide over to strong safety."

"Riku Takari. I'll remember that next Friday."

"So, you plan on coming to the game? Awesome. I get to show you what I can do on the field."

"Good to hear. Ezra is asleep already, though."

"I kind of came to that conclusion when I didnt hear her in the background yelling or whining."

"Hehe. Yep. Thats my daughter. Seems like you know her very well. But dont think you have my full blessing just yet young man. You still have a lot to prove."

"And I will prove it. Starting tomorrow."

"Well see. Goodnight son."

"You have a goodnight yourself Mr. Takoiya."

Escobar hangs the phone up and looks at Izzys resting body. 'So you found yourself a gentleman.' Finally. he lies her phone on her nightstand and walks out of her room. He picks up his phone and dials a number. Someone with a monotone voice answers on the other end. His face turns serious, "Tell me everything you know about Riku Takari."

Amari is at home staring out of the window at the stars. She is wondering why Shouyu and Zhang refuse to let her and Reina get closer to them. Shouyu seems to open up but shut himself away a lot. Zhang has never really been an open person to anyone other than Shouyu and Riku. Even Jai has a hard time talking to him sometimes.

She picks up her phone and calls her cousin. Jai answers the phone and is surprisingly, wide awake.

"Hey Mari. Whats up?"

"I thought youd be asleep."

"Nah. Im over Shouyu's right now."

"W-w-what? S-s-shouyu is w-with y-y-you?"

"Yeah he is. Want to speak to him?"

"Ano! I called to talk to you about something. But never mind. Bye!"

She quickly hangs up the phone and tries to calm her breathing. Her phone rings and she jumps. Thinking its Jai calling back she answers it. "Hello?"

"We need to talk."