Thirty-Six

Shouyu is sitting in the bleachers thinking about the game Friday when the doors to the gym open quietly. He glances over and sees none other than his "favorite unofficial sister-n-law". (Reina gave her the description of you must know.) He looks over at her and raises an eyebrow. She doesn't say a word but just comes and takes a seat directly beside him. They sit in silence. She doesn't pressure him to talk nor does she even attempt to show she cares. Actually, it's as if someone forced her to come check on him...

Shouyu chuckles...

"Riku, Amari or Tru?" He asks.

Izzy rolls her eyes while folding her arms, "All three. They were all sooooooo worried but yet they sent me to check on you. As if I could care less."

Shouyu acts hurt, "Aww dang it. And here I was thinking that those old feelings you had towards me were resurfacing."

Ezra doesn't even bulge a bit. It's true she had a crush on Shouyu when they were younger but that bond ended up being brother/sister much like her and Zhang. She used to blush often whenever she'd come in contact with him or Riku but eventually she realized that there was something about her Riku she couldn't ignore.

"Yeah the only feelings I have for you are the feelings to kick your ass for having everyone worried." she looks over with a threatening scowl. Shouyu sighs and looks the other way. "I'm scared Izzy."

Ezra looks at him now concerned, "Of what?"

He looks at her, "What if I get hurt again?" What if I can't play like I used to? What if we lose because of me?"

Ezra bursts out to laughing causing Shouyu to glare at her.

"That's what's going on with you? Shou...not sure if you've noticed but the team is still undefeated even without you. While it's true that with you they were a lot more deadly, they were fine without you."

Shouyu sighs. "That's not the only thing I'm afraid of."

Ezra looks at Shouyu for a moment. Suddenly, a wide grin appears on her face. Shouyu looks over at her and backs away from her in nervousness.

Ezra holds up her index finger and points it a Shouyu with a quick snap of the wrist, "You're nervous about playing in front of my girl Amari aren't ya?" Shouyu blushes deep. VEEERY deep. He turns his face trying to hide his embarrassment from his friend but she is already cheering.

Shouyu deadpans and grabs the jacket she is wearing and yanks her back down into the seat beside him while scowling. "Tell her about this and you die." Ezra scoffs and looks back at him with a raised eyebrow, "Did you forget who you were talking to?"

Shouyu nods holding his chin, "Good point. Well played but please don't tell her this." Ezra shrugs and reluctantly agrees. "Come on Shou. Amari knows how much you love football and she is just as huge a fan of yours as your mom. Maybe even bigger."

They stare at each other for a moment.

"Okay, maybe not as much as your mom but she's definitely second." Ezra corrects herself. Shouyu nods in agreement. "But seriously, you have nothing to be nervous about. If anything, you should played harder knowing that your girlfriend, one that actually loves you and everything about you, is going to be not only watching you play but also cheering for you on the sidelines."

Shouyu hugs Ezra. "Thanks Izzy. Didn't know you could be so deep."

"I have my moments. But if you tell anyone and I mean anyone, so help me I will drop kick you while you're trying to score a touchdown."

Shouyu laughs at her and they walk out of the gym joking with each other.

Walk up to their friends, they see everyone seriously scowling at Tru. Tru is holding a book in his hand and is laughing VERY hard for some odd reason. Ezra looks at the book and realizes its a rough draft of the yearbook she was helping work on. Everyone notices them walk up and as Tru laughs harder, Zhang and Jai stomp towards Ezra.