Sixteen

Zhang and Jai walk to the center of the field where the other captains are. One of the guys smirk at Jai deviously. "I'm gonna dance around you all night girly. And you too, licorice."

Zhang chuckles, "You guys wont even make it past midfield."

They go back to the side line and have a talk with their team and coaches. Jai places his helmet on. He looks pissed. Riku looks at him, "Another cocky bunch?" Jai nods. Riku looks over at everyone else. "Since they wanna talk. Lets shut em up."

The usually energetic Jai says coldly, "Hard."

The game is in the second quarter and Kusa High is on defense. Konohamaru put Jai in at free safety to match up with Riku's speed at strong safety. Thus far, no pass has gotten past them...period. Jai has even been blasting their poor running back on nearly every play and has sacked their quarter back five times already.

"Ready...set...hike!!" the quarterback drops back and is frantically searching for Jai. Thinking his lineman has blocked him he looks to pass the ball. He throws a short five yard pass across the right side and Jai was waiting for him. Jai jumps in the way and snatches the ball out of the air. He runs the ball twelve yards before being pushed out of bounds.

The refs call holding against Kusa High and push them back 15 yards. Riku curses while walking off the field and another ref throws another flag causing them an additional 15 yards. Riku calms his friends as he prepares to take the field. In the huddle, He tells everyone on the line to chop block their entire defense.

"Ready...set...hike!!" Zhang drops back showing pass and the defense blitz him but the line chops their legs causing them all to fall. He hands the ball to Jai signaling the draw play and Jai has the entire field to himself.

He runs and leaps over the line gracefully and sprints down the field. The defensive backs attempt to tackle him but he jukes and spins causing them to run into one another. With the field wide open to him, Jai runs in a 47 yard touchdown off just one play. Kusa High already leads the game 35-0.

Shouyu high fives his friends as they come back to the sideline. Zhang fist bumps Jai for the great play. They have a seat on the bench and discuss their next couple of plays as the defense goes back on the field.

Its fourth quarter and none of the starters are in the game anymore. The score is 63-2. The football slipped out of Kusa's freshman quarterbacks hand and rolled out the back of the end zone for a safety. Those are the only points that their opponents have scored.

Reina looks at Zhang and smiles. He feels her gaze and looks over his shoulder at her. He winks his eye and she turns around quickly with a blush on her face. She covers her face with her pompoms as Keiri starts the next cheer.

After the game, and after a shower, the guys are storing their equipment on the bus when Ezra runs and jumps on Riku's back. "Congrats babe. You played great." Riku swings her around and gives her a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks. I saw a few of your cheers too. Didnt know you were that flexible." She blushes taking the compliment the wrong way. "R-riku. You cant talk like that in front of everyone."

Riku laughs and holds her hand walking her back to her bus. "Sorry. I just wanted to see that innocent smile of yours." She smiles and hugs him. The warmness of their hug entices them both. They look into each others eyes and their face slowly inch closer to the other. Ezra can feel Riku's breath graze her lips and eagerness overwhelms her. But right before they can share their first kiss, Isadora interrupts. She pulls Riku by the ear. "Sorry loverboy. But no PDA."

Riku boards the bus and pulls out his cell phone. He and Ezra enter a deep texting conversation.

Riku
Since Kusa University has an away game tomorrow, do you want to go out to grab something to eat?

Ezra
Thats sweet but Im suppose to help my dad with the landscaping in the backyard tomorrow

Riku
Its fine. Maybe I can still come over and help. Thatll give me some extra time to get to know your father. Besides, I have to meet him someday. You cant keep us separate forever.

Ezra
I know. Im just nervous. My dad has never really liked any guy that he has met. Not even Zhang and he has known him since he was 5.

Riku
I understand that much. Nakamura does have the personality of a block of wood.

Ezra
😂😂😂😂lol!!!!

Zhang sneezes at the back of the bus. 'What the hell? Great. Im the topic of another conversation.'

Riku
But sweetie. I am not any other guy. I really want to have a one on one with your father to prove to him that I am worthy enough to date you. I really want his blessing.

Ezra
Aww. Thats sweet. Okay. We start at 9:30 in the morning.

Riku
Great. Ill be there at 9 with some extra tools.

Ezra
Ohh. Trying to make an impression?

Riku
Nope. Just wanted to stay at your beautiful face for that extra thirty minutes.

Ezra
😍😘😍😘😍😘😍😘

Riku
lol

They continue their texting conversation for the rest of the ride back to Kusa.

Once they arrive back at the school, Riku meets everyone else in the parking lot after returning his gear to the locker room. He walks up to his car and unlocks his doors. He pops his trunk to throw he and Jais bags in the back. Jai looks at him, "So. How'd it go? Did Izzy agree to the date?"

Riku nods, "No. But, I get to meet her dad tomorrow morning. Hey, you should come over too. I mean, Keiri IS his god daughter and thats just like being his daughter."

Jai sighs, "I guess Im camping out at your house tonight then." Riku chuckles. "I knew youd say that."

Zhang walks by and gives Riku the notes he took earlier. "Next time. Try not to ogle over your girlfriend so much." he says with a grin. Riku scowls and snatches the papers. "I wasn't ogling."

Zhang pulls out his phone and shows the picture he took earlier. Riku's eyes widen. "Show anyone that picture and you're dead Nakamura." Zhang scoffs, "Oh like the picture of Reina and I at the dance that I told you not to show anyone?" Riku chuckles at the threat he received from Zhang on Facebook. Zhang smirks and taps a few buttons on his phone while Riku is having a laughing fit. Jai watches his screen and holds in his laughter.

Riku and everyone elses phones buzz. They all look at their phones and burst out laughing with the exception of Riku and Ezra. Zhang posted the picture of Riku staring at Ezra with a goofy lovestruck look on his face and a small bit of drool falling from his mouth. The caption reads, 'When Cupid misses your heart and hits you in the ass.'

Riku and Ezra both scream, "NAKAMURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Ezra chases Zhang around the parking lot for thirty minutes.

A while after the little episode, Riku drops Ezra and Keiri off at Ezra's house. Ezra's dad is already at home, so Ezra kisses Riku on the cheek and prys Keiri's lips off of Jai's. Jai gets out of the back seat and hops into the front. He sighs, "Man. That girl surely can kiss."

"I hope you didnt give her a hickey." Riku says driving off. Jai raises an eyebrow. "Why?" Riku smirks, "Because tomorrow will be very awkward for you." Jai's eyes widen when he remembers they are going over to help out with the landscaping.

"Crap!!!!!"