Thirty-Nine

Homecoming Game
Konoha Kyubi vs Kusa Grasshoppers
(state championship rematch)

It's finally time. The schools are closed. Many local businesses locked up early and everyone is headed to the coliseum to witness the most highly anticipated rematch from last year's showdown for the state championship between the Konoha Kyubi and the reigning champions Kusa Grasshoppers.

Last year's state title game witnessed the birth of the greatest rivalry since the Boston Celtics vs the Los Angelos Lakers. The coliseum is jammed packed and sold out. People are treating this game as if it were the state title game. Okay, I'm over exaggerating. Most people are here to see the football game but everyone is mainly here because...

"Hello everyone. I'm Naruto Uzumaki. Hokage of Konoha." the crowd cheers for the former blonde C.O. of the military and hero of the country. "And I'd like to thank everyone in attendance for coming out to this massive high stakes football game." the crowd cheers again. Near the press box, all of our favorite Konoha residents are sitting cheering on for both teams along with our favorite Kusa residents.

"So, without any further ado. The national anthem." everyone rises for the country's national anthem.

/Kusa's locker room/

Everyone is taking a knee in silence. Gathering their focus and settling their nerves. One particular player is at the back near the showers relaxing his mind in meditation. Konohamaru gathers everyone, "Okay guys. Win or lose, let's go out there and have some fun. Play with honor. Play with passion. Play with heart. And play like this is the final game of the season. Captains! Get ready."

Zhang stands up and walks towards the front with Riku and Jai. "Guys. I know some of us are friends with some of the other players on Konoha's team. But, if we can go out there and play like I know we can, then we will come out victorious once again. Also, Shouyu has been with us all season with an injury. He hasn't complained. He hasn't whined. He has even offered his knowledge to some of you guys while on the sideline. So, if you don't play your hardest for anyone else, play for him. Get in here. Grasshoppers on three. 1, 2, 3!!!"

"GRASSHOPPERS!!!"

Shouyu opens his eyes which are glowing a golden yellow, a rare ability he gained from his birth father whenever he is fully focused. He stands and turns towards his friends who are waiting for him. "Showtime."

The crowd is thumping as the teams are introduced. "Hello everyone." a voice says making everyone cheer and girls and women swoon over him. He chuckles.

"Aww. I love you guys too."

They cheer even louder.

"I'm Athletic Director Sasuke Uchiha and I present the...KONOHA...KYUUUUUUUBI!!!!!!!!!"

Konoha bursts through the tunnel with fire and other pyro exploding everywhere. "Team captains. Defensive backs Shikadai Nara and Inojin Yamanaka." The two prodigies run out to a huge ovation. "Running back Metal Lee." the teen runs out and hits his father's famous 'nice guy' pose. "Wide receiver Mitsuki Sannin." he jogs out slowly waving his helmet at the crowd. "And star quarterback, Boruto Uzumaki!!!' the young blonde comes out to a massive ovation that has the whole building rocking. Boruto points towards the family and take s his helmet off to hype up the crowd even more.

The guys are in the tunnel laughing. "Typical Boruto."

Sasuke hands the microphone over to Makaio, who is filling in for his father.

"Ladies and Gentleman...get on your feet...and make some noise for your reigning champs...the...KUUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GRASSHOPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!" Kusa rushes to the field with the same reaction as Konoha. "Team captains. First the reaper Defensive Back Riku Takari!!!!" Ezra jumps up and cheers for Riku as he runs out. He waves at the crowd and blows a kiss to his mother. "Deceptive running back Jai Lovett-Novani!!!!" Jai runs out with his helmet in his hand pointing towards the crowd.