Twenty-Three

Isadora comes into the living room in a hurry with Escobar both wondering what the ruckus is downstairs. Escobar grabs Riku and roughly shoves him to the wall while helping Ireno of the ground. Riku grunts and gets loose before yelling, "That bastard did something to Ezra. He brought her into the house unconscious." Escobar fumes before letting off a massive killer intent while glaring at the now cowering Yakima.

He grabs Ireno by the collar and with one arm lifts him and plants him nearly through the wall scaring Riku out of his rage. With a very low, gruff voice, he speaks, "What...did...you do...to...my...daughter?" Riku's blood runs cold from fear. Ireno is too afraid to even open his mouth. Before Escobar can bash the boy's face in, everyone hears Ezra.

"Shit. It feels like I was in a car wreck."

Everyone rushes to her in a panic to make sure she's okay. Ezra looks around, "What happened? Why does my head and everything hurt? How did I get home?"

"You WERE in a car wreck. Somewhat." Everyone turns to Ireno. He fixes his clothes and continues. "A guy was texting and driving and swerved over to were you were parked. He crashed into the side of your car but you were okay. You fainted while you were in the waiting room of the hospital and since I knew you, I made sure to bring you home."

Everyone's shocked by the revelation. Especially Riku. 'I came to surprise Izzy and I almost lost her in general.' He walks up to Ireno and holds his hand out, "Sorry I jumped to conclusions. She's my girlfriend and I just want to keep her safe."

Ireno shakes his hand, "Its no problem. I'll be going now though." Riku watches him disappear and Escobar asks for his help in getting Ezra to her room. After lying her down in her bed, Riku sits in a chair beside the bed silently.

Ezra keeps staring at him but he never makes eye contact with her, nor does he say anything. Ezra reaches up and moves some of his long lavender hair out of his face, 'Okay seriously. Pain or not. He really needs to do something about this long shit.'

"Riku?"

"Hmm??"

"Look at me."

"I---can't."

"Why?"

"I just----can't."

"Look at me sweetie."

"*sniff* I---can't."

"Why not?"

"*sniff* because I'm a terrible boyfriend."

"Don't say that. You're wonderful."

"*sniff* I wasn't even there to protect you. I should have been there with you instead of out buying your mom some stupid flowers and trying to bond with your dad. I should have been with you. This never would have happened."

"Babe. It's okay."

"No its not. What if something worse had happened to you? I'd lose myself without you Izzy. I love you."

Ezra looks shocked. She looks up at her boyfriend who is so vulnerable and in such a weakened state but is blaming himself for what happened to her. She bites through her pain to sit up and embrace him. Riku cries into her shoulder.

"Shhh. It's okay. I'm here and I'm okay." She wipes his tears and kisses his forehead before leaning hers against his.

Riku then blushes deeply as he realized he told her what he'd been trying to hold back on for a while. He wanted to wait til the homecoming dance but this happened. And its like she didn't even notice. Or at least he thought she didn't.

She looks at him with her ember eyes and smiles. "I love you, too. Riku Takari."

Both teens cry in joy in each other's arms. They then lean towards each other for their first kiss but Ezra hears a squeal behind her door and sighs deeply. She whispers in Riku's ear, 'My mom's been at the door fangirling the whole time.' Riku's eyes widen and he panics before turning towards the door. The door opens with Escobar standing there scowling with an eye twitch while Isodora jumps around like a sixteen year old fan girling with heart eyes.

Escobar grabs Riku by the ear and drags him out of Ezra room. "Nope. Nope. Not in my house. Only people sucking face in this bitch is me and my wife." Ezra laughs and then calls Amari to tell her the good news. Amari answers the phone but has to cut the conversation short saying she was a bit busy at the moment.

Ezra then calls Keiri and Reina who heard about her accident and are on their way to her house.

Monday morning comes and EVERYONE is excited about the homecoming game and Shouyu's return to the field. He can barely get out of his car before being bombarded by fan girls.

"Shouyu-kun. Will you be my date for the dance?"

"No! Be my date."

"No mine!"

"I asked him first."

"But he didn't answer you."

"He didn't answer you either."

The girls get into a scrap right before Shouyu's eyes. He slowly sneaks away while they are having their moment and hurries into school.

He knows Riku and Jai are most likely in the cafeteria since they love breakfast so much. So, he walks over to Zhang's locker.

Once he makes it, he sees Zhang looking very upset with a few girls asking for his jersey. Shouyu laughs which makes the girls turn around. He then jumps back nervously as the stampede makes its way towards him instead.

The bell rings and the two teens run to their homeroom still being followed and chased by fan girls. They arrive in their class were Amari, Reina and Keiri is. Ezra stayed at home to recover fully.

Zhang and Shouyu hide behind the girls.

One girl sees Zhang hiding behind Reina and shouts out. "Zhang Nakamura is off limits girls. My cousin told me that he is dating Reina Novani and Nakamura told her himself this past Saturday."

Zhang's facepalms himself as Reina glares at him. "I told you saying that was a bad idea. The news is going to spread like a wild fire now."

Zhang looks at her with a raised eyebrow, "So...you DON'T like the idea of being my girlfriend?"

Reina get flustered, "I DIDN'T SAY THAT!! I just don't like being a part of your lie."

He grabs her face and leans for to her seductively, "What if I said let's make it true?"

Reina blushes deeply and struggles to find the words to say. Luckily for her the bell rings once again making everyone else leave and their classmates to arrive. Riku and Jai come in to see Reina fanning herself and Shouyu smirking deviously at an annoyed Zhang.

"What'd we miss?"